Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Mij name is Richard and I am from Holland. I was searching on the net for the solution to fix the problem on mij caliber 2007. I have problems with the backlight of the instrument. When switching on the lights the backlight is not light up directly. After about 15 minutes the backlight is flashing for a few minutes, and then it's working. Is someone familair with this problem? and can tell me how to fix it. Thanks

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Sounds like there might be a problem with the power supply in the instrument cluster.
Normally, there are no repairs that can be made to the cluster - if it has a problem, the cluster needs to be replaces.
If you are adventurous, you could remove the cluster yourself and take a look inside of it.
The cluster is considered to be a "sealed unit", but several people here (use the search function) have gotten inside to change LED colors.
If you get inside the cluster, carefully examine the circuit board for cracks or bad solder joints. These you can repair, if you have defective components, you are "out of luck", as most of the internal parts are not readily available on the "open market".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts