Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
i can attest to unsafe jacking/supporting of cars. in October, right before i deployed i was changing the exhaust on my 300C (6 inches of ground clearance and 4200 pounds), and i just had it up on jacks since my neighbor PCS'd to Ft.Carson and he took my jack stands with him. well as i was pulling the pipes off the car shifted, fell off the jack and fell down on me. it pinned my left hand onto my chest and i thought i was gonna be a goner, luckily one of my buddies was there and lifted the car at the front wheel enough to take the tension off, allowing me to slide out. i was rushed to ER in an ambulance. after lots of x-rays and cat scans i was released with bruised ribs, bruised scapula, severed nerves in my left hand (they grow back at 2mm per week) and bruised lung. i fully recuperated in about 2 months time and was able to deploy. but i learned a big lesson, if you don't have the proper tools and equipment don't do it, until you get what you need, or take it to a shop.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Nice job on the exhaust. Looks great. But I gotta agree with Greggk about the proper equipment. I have a seventeen year old son who's just starting to work on the car I gave him. He's already familiar with jack stands and ramps. Wheel chocks too. You only get one life and there's no sense in tempting fate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so i have a question you've used the MOPAR exhaust correct? and when you put it on does it make a difference if the car is FWD or AWD? cuz im buying one used from a guy, but i have the AWD caliber and im wanting to make sure it'll fit on right with no mods. So is there a difference between the exhaust for a FWD and the AWD? thanks for any answers!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Big difference! The FWD duel exhaust can't fit an All Wheel Drive Caliber. The AWD version has a completely different exhaust manifold (catalytic converter built in) and the exhaust tubing runs in a different location than a front wheel drive has. The reason is, the drive shaft for the rear drive on an AWD equiped Caliber goes where the FWD versions exhaust is located. There is a Mopar Performance duel exhaust for the All Wheel Drive available. Keep an eye on Ebay, there are deals to be had on these parts if you don't have to have it today!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.