Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a weird rattling during acceleration now. I don't hear it when I'm not in gear. Is it the filter causing this or is it a coincidence? I did drop in 8 mm socket in the engine. The socket fell off when I was taking off the front right bolt of the air filter box. I can't find it anywhere but I don't see how it could cause damage. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
53 Posts
Sounds like you already know the answer to your question.
It is least likely to go wrong or seriously damage anything as long as the loose socket is sitting somewhere on the driver's side of the engine compartment as there aren't any moving parts. However I would advise to grab a good flashlight during bright sunny day, take time and search throughly to locate the socket. It may be just an annoying rattling noise to you but if it falls off while you drive, the socket could become a road hazard to other drivers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you already know the answer to your question.
It is least likely to go wrong or seriously damage anything as long as the loose socket is sitting somewhere on the driver's side of the engine compartment as there aren't any moving parts. However I would advise to grab a good flashlight during bright sunny day, take time and search throughly to locate the socket. It may be just an annoying rattling noise to you but if it falls off while you drive, the socket could become a road hazard to other drivers.
I don't know if this information will help but the K&N filter made my caliber run terrible. I put the stock one back in and it's running back to normal and I didn't notice the rattling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know if this information will help but the K&N filter made my caliber run terrible. I put the stock one back in and it's running back to normal and I didn't notice the rattling.
Hey you might also have too tune it depending on the miles that are on the car I was recently told this and it helped my car run better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts