Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I need to spot paint my car and I can't figure out what the actual paint code is. I checked my door jam and it says PRH. I even got the touch up pen paint PRH from the dealer for stone chips but they don't have the spray paint for bigger paint jobs. They said I have Inferno Red and should buy the PRH code?

I tried to search the nearest auto ship and it shows two in the category.

Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint, Blaze Red Crystal (PRH)
Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint, Inferno Red Metallic (PEL,WEL)

Different paint for the PRH and different code for Inferno Red. I don't know which one to get.
I searched online and apparently Dodge changed codes on the paint? Inferno Red was PEL to old models and changed it to PRH something about 2 stage & 3 stage paint?

Hopefully you guys can help. I want to finish my paint job tomorrow if possible.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
I bought the touch up pen from the dealer and went to a paint shop for a tin of paint.

I used a repair service who mixed a Chrysler paint 'name' that was not close.

I would always chose a code over a name but I would order the Mopar aerosol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but if anyone finds it, my cars paint code on the sticker is PRH, but "Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint, Inferno Red Metallic (PEL,WEL)" matches much closer than "Dupli-Color Perfect Match Paint, Blaze Red Crystal (PRH)", which is far too light.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts

PEL is a pearlescent MICA paint, have you used it?
Any spray paint will not match 12 year old faded shades.
With the computerised diagnostic and mixing at paint shops it may be better to buy custom mixed pots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts