Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's what I got, I have an 08 Dodge Caliber SE, 2.0L, CVT, 207,000 miles. It has the lightning bolt on, I replaced the throttle body with a new one, I've replaced the throttle pedal sensor with pedal. I've relearn the throttle body, but the lightning bolt keeps coming back on. It has no throttle response sometimes you can drive it but you can only reach certain speeds about 35 to 42 miles an hour. It has no codes or check engine light on. I'm at a loss don't know what else to check and looking for some advice or assistance in this matter

·
Registered
1 Posts
So here's what I got, I have an 08 Dodge Caliber SE, 2.0L, CVT, 207,000 miles. It has the lightning bolt on, I replaced the throttle body with a new one, I've replaced the throttle pedal sensor with pedal. I've relearn the throttle body, but the lightning bolt keeps coming back on. It has no throttle response sometimes you can drive it but you can only reach certain speeds about 35 to 42 miles an hour. It has no codes or check engine light on. I'm at a loss don't know what else to check and looking for some advice or assistance in this matter
It could be a defective throttle body

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I checked the plugs again. One of the locking tabs on the throttle body was broken so I replaced the plug with a good one. Also put another new throttle body on it. It had a P2017 code so I found that the intake manifold runner position sensor was stuck and would not spring back, so I replaced that as well. The light went out and it drove like it should. I parked it outside and went on a tow. When I came back it was 32° outside, fired it up well I parked the rollback. When I came back to it just a few mins later it was back to running rough and the light was back on and flashing. You can drive it but it's slow to get going and only is responsive about mid throttle. The power is like a light switch, when you push the pedal down slowly it takes a min then you feel it wake up. But far out if you try to give it more gas. It also has a P2173 code, any ideas? Thanks for all the help so far it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Friday I put a known good intake manifold, with injectors, fuel rail, intake manifold portion sensor, new intake manifold gasket and new throttle body gasket on the car, rest the computer by zip tying the negative and positive terminals together while I completed the installment of the intake. I've been driving it all weekend and have yet to have the lightning bolt come back on. So far this has fixed my issue. Thanks for all the help to those that add words of wisdom.

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0
29 Posts
So Friday I put a known good intake manifold, with injectors, fuel rail, intake manifold portion sensor, new intake manifold gasket and new throttle body gasket on the car, rest the computer by zip tying the negative and positive terminals together while I completed the installment of the intake. I've been driving it all weekend and have yet to have the lightning bolt come back on. So far this has fixed my issue. Thanks for all the help to those that add words of wisdom.
I like when people respond with the solved status of their problem. Kudos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts