Dodge Caliber Forum banner

281 - 300 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So... I don't think it really did anything, it does feel a little different accelerating though, oh well, it was worth trying and didn't cost anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am definitely going to have to try this tomorrow. My 2007 R/T AWD has never really had much low end kick until I got the CAI but I am now used to that so I will give this a try to see if there is even more of a difference

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did this yesterday before I left work, roads were wet, so wasn't sure I was getting any better. but this morning the roads were dry and I actually got a tire squeel, never had that before, I am pretty impressed with this.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
How often should we do this?
I only did it the first time, then after a new battery, and then after doing a TIPM reset to get my rear wiper working properly again. I know others that do it at every oil change.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Don't expect miracles.

The "procedure" calibrates the PCM to the gas pedal.

You'll get a much smoother response, and the pedal position vs. engine sound vs. road speed will feel much more "normal".

·
Registered
23 Posts
So i did this lil procedure and now i actually have a bit of a lag when i start off... So do you all think i should try this once more and maybe it will help ? Or does this take a while for the PCM to learn the style of driving.. Im sure some one has answered this before but i didnt want to read 29 pages of posts

·
Super Moderator
12,093 Posts
patience glasshoppa - take your time

There are 2,900 after that and gradually you'll appreciate the idiosynchrocies of the ride and the collective.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
So i did this lil procedure and now i actually have a bit of a lag when i start off... So do you all think i should try this once more and maybe it will help ? Or does this take a while for the PCM to learn the style of driving.. Im sure some one has answered this before but i didnt want to read 29 pages of posts
Read the instructions carefully. The slower you do it without any fluctuation; the better the results.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just did mine a few minutes ago....will take it for a spin in 45 mins or so and test my results.

OK...just did it...seems better from a complete stop, but when rolling, you can her the engine rev WAAAAY before the transmission kicks in to give you the speed you need.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
should I do this procedure on a periodic basis or once is good?
I only did it the first time and after I replaced the battery and when I did a TIPM reset. Some do it as often as every oil change.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
The only time it is required is if power has been removed from the PCM. Like Brad said - when the battery is removed or the system is reset.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I def. noticed a change in the sync between the engine and CVT.
I did not however notice a change in the dead spot from a stopped position -- still that 1/2-3/4 sec delay before punch. I repeated this procedure 2x - the 2nd time I actually used my hand and visually watched and counted as I depressed -- 20sec down, 20 sec up, let sit for an hour or so.

I may retry again tonight using a 30 sec interval instead, and let it sit overnight.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Best not to "punch" the CVT or any drive by wire system. They don't quite know how to respond to a "step change" in input.
Modern systems work best with a steady moderate push to the floor.
The system "understands" that type of input much better and will give you surprisingly good acceleration.
Try it - you'll see.

281 - 300 of 332 Posts