Dodge Caliber Forum banner

Improve Caliber's Throttle Response With the "Procedure"

184K views 335 replies 116 participants last post by  672aq 
Great!

Hi there - Long time reader with a few posts, but I wanted to share my experience:

I own an SXT 2007, 80000+ km, 2.0L CVT

Being a long time "manual" driver, I like how cars quickly responds to acceleration (i.e. from 0 to speed or passing another vehicle). But when I decided for the Caliber, I was a little bit dissapointed about its acceleration. The thing feels like a turtle in every situation... powerless, heavy, etc... I was wondering how does my Fiat Panda (1.2L 65HP) felt more powerful than this thing. True story!

Months ago did the procedure... I didn't feel the difference, maybe I didn't follwed instructions quite well, but yesterday I decided to give it a second chance.

I don't know if I'm biased for the results, but now I'm feeling the difference! Seems like the power is back again, and the acceleration feels more natural, open and responsive. No hesitations when accelerating from zero, and now I feel like I can pass another vehicles quicker (and safely?).

Is there any impact in MPG? Mine's doing 22-24 in heavy traffic driving (very low for a 2.0L I think).

Thanks!

I doubt it would increase your MPG, a tune up would be your best best if you haven't already done so. Heavy traffic is not good for MPG, so that could be your main problem.
I was thinking about the opposite, indeed: what if the procedure would affect MPG negatively. Hope not!

Even if MPG get worse, I'm very happy with the results! :Racing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.