Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people help me out here. I have a 11' Caliber Heat I have an instrument cluster warning chime that goes off when making a semi sharp right turn. It doesn't always occur and there's no accompanying light to indicate exactly what's causing this. All 3 Dodge dealers in my area think I'm nuts but not going to pay them to look at it when they have no clue either. When starting the car all my lights work properly as they should and the OBD has nothing listed. HELP ME PLEASE

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
Probably the wiring harness rubbing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Check the seat belt latch...if there's an intermittent break in the wire that tells the computer you're buckled in, taking a hard right turn and putting a certain kind of stress on the latch assembly could cause a quick wiring fault, making the car think you're not buckled in, thus causing the chime to go off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can completely understand how this would drive you crazy. I'd pay the dealership and not lose my mind over it any longer if I were you. Maybe I'm crazy. haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So a dodge mechanic finally could give me ideas and crazy enough it was my brake fluid slightly low but was low enough to set off the sensor. Topped it off and haven't had it happen yet since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it happens again and brake fluid doesn't solve it check your oil level. My Caliber would chime occasionally and then during every hard right turn. Then during one turn the oil pressure light came on and stayed on. Checked the dipstick and it was really low. Added some oil and the chiming stopped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts