Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone that post all this BS about "street racing is dangerous" "Street racing kills people" yada yada yada...yes and so do cigarettes, drunk driving and a whole bunch of other crap...you all need to grow up...this sub forum is for racing...period...if you don't like it...DON'T POST...but don't clog up all the GD threads with nonsense about how dangerous it is. WE KNOW..it is starting to get out of hand.... im over having to go through pages of posts that have nothing to do with the kill story or even the sub forum in general... if people want to race let them race... it is their choice...whether it be illegal or not...deal with it.... my gosh! :doh:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amen. Personally I don't get into it, but I've never had much against it or in favor of it.

When it gets rediculas I tend to keep my distance, but I'm all for red-light drag racing!
don't get me wrong..i have no problem if you dislike street racing..and i agree that there is a time and place....but this forum is continuously getting cluttered by arguments like "you shouldn't do that..its illegal..or its dangerous..or you're going to kill someone....your opinion is your opinion....write it on a sticky note...put it next to your computer and you can read it...cause i and the other people in here that come to read about a race don't want to!

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
You have a good point, Dave. I don't do it anymore, but back when I had my Laser XE Turbo, I was doing it just about every day. I got away from the THP in that car, too!!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
We must assume also that if the forum has a section for that, that it's interested in getting those stories.

Alas, I never posted them here because of the foreseeable backlash that kind of thing generates here.

For the curious, my kill list include:

• More MS3 than I care to remember
  • 06 stang Shelby GT
  • Porsche Boxter
  • Porsche Boxter S
  • Infinity Q5
  • Infinity 37xs, 35s
  • Couple STIs (incl one that later killed me)
  • Maxima 2.5s
  • Countless rice boys
And a couple other ones I don't remember but that I shared at one point or another on Blue.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I agree with you Dave, is there some thread I missed that things got out of hand?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Not that I'm aware of Glenn (easier to type than EXcaliber07). I read the Kills forum quite often, its usually someone poping in and saying, "YOU'LL GET KILLED!" or "THATS VERY ILLEGAL" and "YOU'RE A MENACE TO SOCIETY".

Just those things really. All they need to do is watch me drive and they'll forget about that forum! :D

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I ask cause I wondered why Dave started this thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As a former street racer in the greater Houston area, I can see both sides. I don't post negative comments (almost as a rule) As a middle aged parent, I can say that there is a place and time for street racing, and on crowded streets and freeways is not the place. We used to race on Richmond (where restaurant row is now) Brown and Root, TRW, etc. in other words, places where people weren't. LAst time I was on Westhiemer, an idiot in a Honda tried to race me ( I was in my Z28, coming back from the drag) and it was crowded as hell. This punk almost caused 2-3 accidents, and then when I tried to get him to turn off, he flipped me off and got up to a wopping 40mph or so.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
everyone that post all this BS about "street racing is dangerous" "Street racing kills people" yada yada yada...yes and so do cigarettes, drunk driving and a whole bunch of other crap...you all need to grow up...this sub forum is for racing...period...if you don't like it...DON'T POST...but don't clog up all the GD threads with nonsense about how dangerous it is. WE KNOW..it is starting to get out of hand.... im over having to go through pages of posts that have nothing to do with the kill story or even the sub forum in general... if people want to race let them race... it is their choice...whether it be illegal or not...deal with it.... my gosh! :doh:
You say that until you get hit by one of those street racers and end up dead because of someone elses wreckless driving. Or perhaps your the parent of a child that was street racing and got in a wreck and died. I know if it was my kid that was killed by some dumb **** Id hunt them down for sure. If you know its wrong and your sick of people lecturing you then dont do it. Its really a quite simple fix.

By "street racing" and having total disregard for any other motorist, being told its wrong, understanding its wrong, and getting up set about it says somethings about the type of person you are (not you in particular, but "street racers" in general).

Reactions: DKazoroski

·
Registered
93 Posts
You say that until you get hit by one of those street racers and end up dead because of someone elses wreckless driving. Or perhaps your the parent of a child that was street racing and got in a wreck and died. I know if it was my kid that was killed by some dumb **** Id hunt them down for sure. If you know its wrong and your sick of people lecturing you then dont do it. Its really a quite simple fix.

By "street racing" and having total disregard for any other motorist, being told its wrong, understanding its wrong, and getting up set about it says somethings about the type of person you are (not you in particular, but "street racers" in general).

Saint Whitedragon.....

Classic.... You know disturbing the peace and noise pollution are against the law right? Remember that next time you crank up your stereo. You're distracting other motorists from concentrating on their driving, which creates a possibly dangerous situation.

Everybody does something that isn't legal or moral by other people's standards. If you don't like it, don't read the thread.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Saint Whitedragon.....

Classic.... You know disturbing the peace and noise pollution are against the law right? Remember that next time you crank up your stereo. You're distracting other motorists from concentrating on their driving, which creates a possibly dangerous situation.

Everybody does something that isn't legal or moral by other people's standards. If you don't like it, don't read the thread.
Yes I do but thats an invalid argument. I dont build for my car to get loud. I build for sound quality and perfect reproduction of the music Im listening to.

Besides. Nobody said I was a saint. The illegal stuff I do do though doesnt endanger other people or their kids.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I'm probably one of the BS posters referred to above. Can you imagine! A 22 yr old kid telling me to grow up? I am beginning to wonder if I fit in here.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I have a suspicion that this thread will in fact go to the abyss, While Dave was just venting a point, it was not necessary to do exactly was he was complaining about. Just a tidbit for anyone who is against the Kills thread, keep in mind it was put there by the forum owner, until he pulls it down, it will remain there. Nobody here condones unsafe behavior, we would like everyone to stay safe out there. No matter whether the kills forum exists, people will always race. It's like any other thrill, an adrenaline rush that needs to be satisfied for some. We all hope that it is done in the safest way possible. Being that I have a slug for a Caliber, it's very unlikely I'll ever post in this forum, but anyone who wishes to, should not be flamed for doing so. I will do my best to keep that forum clean, anyone who goes overboard will be warned, continuation of such behaviors will warrant other actions.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I'm probably one of the BS posters referred to above. Can you imagine! A 22 yr old kid telling me to grow up? I am beginning to wonder if I fit in here.
Dave you fit perfectly in the Forum as a whole, just not in this particular forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts