Dodge Caliber Forum banner

I Want Heated Mirrors!!!!!!

13K views 87 replies 19 participants last post by  672aq 
#1 ·
#71 ·
Go ahead and smear our faces in it LOL!!! Welcome back!!! I don't think it would have cost Chrysler very much money to put heated mirror lens on the Caliber. My 10 year old Ford Taurus that i traded in, had heated mirrors LOL!!!

#74 ·
It was Dodge policy to specify a low entry price specification but seems they missed a trick on the options list for worthwhile upgrades.

#77 ·
i'm waiting for the call from my dealer if its possible...

for the german model..

btw movie doesn't work anymore...

#78 ·
#79 ·
yeah thats funny
:D
i've seen before
;)

Reactions: LYC79
#80 ·
my dealer called me... its not possible to add the uk mirrors... then we have to change the control unit...
:(

#81 ·
Sales Codes:
[GTC]=Manual Mirrors
[GUR]=Power Mirrors
[GUK]=Power Heated Mirrors, Foldaway
[GUL]=Power Folding Heated Mirrors

Mopar part numbers
MIRROR, Outside, Rearview, Electric, Heated
05074208AC PM49 With [GUK] Sales Code, Right
05074209AC PM49 With [GUK] Sales Code, Left

MIRROR, Outside Rearview, Power Folding
05115298AC PM49 Right Hand Drive, With [GUL] Sales Code, Right
05115799AC PM49 Right Hand Drive, With [GUL] Sales Code, Left

It is the RHD mirrors that are heated and folding. For the US these will not give you the convex shape for the driver (objects may appear closer)etc, so for LHD it would be heated and manual folding.

The control switch - there are 4 choices, don't know more. Maybe LHD/RHD

SWITCH, Mirror
56040536AF 1 B 49
V7700008AA Mopar Alternative Switch
56040694AD 1 D, E 49
V7700009AA Mopar Alternative Switch

#82 ·
Caliber heated mirrors are now a discontinued product so need to search for used parts.
RHD markets for heated power folding.
LHD for heated manual folding.

#84 ·
RHD, LHD?

On my VW, I came out one day and found the passenger side (right hand side, US) mirror itself had become unglued and was leaning against the glass. I cleaned the mount and mirror, then used construction adhesive to put it back together.

My thoughts here are; is the difference in passenger side mirrors for RHD/LHD only the "closer than they appear," convexed part?

Is it just the type of mirror itself that's different - can mirrors for driver/passenger on RHD/LHD be switched? Or is there more to the assembly that's different?

#85 ·
Yes convexed and the "appearance" warning.
The RHD are powered & LHD manual.
Switched? You mean mixed like power folding on the passenger side and manual for the driver? I would choose powered both sides and add a blind spot mirror if you want full coverage.
Powered folding needs the 3 way mirror switch too.

#86 ·
Does the RHD mirrors have power/heat/fold for both sides, pass & drive?

If so, and if I want to put them on a LHD, I'd have to switch the actual mirrors so that the "appearance" mirror would stay on the correct side of my car.

Or... Could have convex mirrors on both sides, instead of a spot for the driver (which I have in now).

#87 ·
Yes both sides. You cannot switch sides as they are different shapes.
There is no appearance message. You could etch one if you like it but it's only mandated for new sales I believe.
Convex is not remarkable as I notice, but I have the stick on ones both sides anyway.

The chrome in the video is stick on plastic Compass ABS covers.

Reactions: 672aq
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.