Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know where else to post this, so I thought here would be great.
Just bought my Cali a couple weeks back, and havent really had the chance to open her up on the road.
Well, I got off work early today and as I was driving down some back country roads, I remembered that I wasnt driving my old '94 2.5L 4Cylinder Jeep anymore! So I decided to race my shadow. lol. I came to a stop, gave a couple revs, and gunned the snot out of her for 1/2 mile or so. Think I got to 60 in 3-4 seconds -- and that was with it in automatic! lol. I switched to auto stick and did the same. The results werent as impressive compared to automatic (chalked up to me just not knowing my engine yet), but all in all, for a 4 banger.... Holy s#$% this cars got some _Balls_!
I left my shadow in the dust today. ;)

<3 My Caliber. <3 it gooood. :smileup:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
0-60 in 3 seconds - not very likely with a Caliber - 10+ seconds is normal.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
2.4 will improve on that some.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to actually clock it next time. It felt like 3-4 sec, but that could have been the excitement factor. I'd guess it was closer to 6 sec.
And yes, I have the 2.4L.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Our AWD Calibers are rated for around 10 seconds 0-60. I had a CAI and a Magnaflow exhaust, still around 10 seconds......LOL!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha. Could be a case of the gitty's then. lol. I'll actually clock it next time. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol I feel like a dork. You're right. I clocked myself at 9.1sec. :Racing:

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
lol I feel like a dork. You're right. I clocked myself at 9.1sec. :Racing:
Even at 9.1 you're breaking records. I have an app that records times, as soon as I find a good place to give it a go I'll let you know what it says.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
android app? If so, pass it along. I could use some accuracy Im assuming. Would be more accurate if I had someone else in the car starting and stopping as well.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
It's called torque, but I have a bluetooth adapter that connects to my OBII port. Checks and clears engine codes and has other diagnostics.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
omg. Im drooling. bt adapter must be the next thing I mod.......

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts