Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruby, My Caliber, is now 1 year old... and it's time to start customizing. I just recently purchased a set of sway bars from an SRT-4. I then went on Ebay and snatched the awesome deal of a Strut Bar for $90 and a Mopar Header for $130... Once those arrive I will install them along with the front Sway Bar. And today I was at autozone with $20 in reward zone bucks for spending money there doing oil changes and what not. I picked up a can of red engine enamel paint and a roll of chrome accent strips. I painted the Engine cover I put on when I bought the car, and i used the chrome stuff to create a false billet grille.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Yo Nic, That looks good:rep: Can you do some black or chrome trim on the engine cover?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red didn't come out exactly right, I'm gonna get something a bit closer, then add a Black and/or silver accent to the area that says "Dual VVT 1.8L"

·
Registered
961 Posts
looking good! i like the grille:smileup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The grill does look good, i was a bit worried, There are kits on ebay for $30 or you can just go to Autozone and buy some 1/4" Chrome Molding and figure it out yourself for a little over 10 bucks. since the rest of the grille is plastic chrome anyways the chromes match perfectly.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Nice job! Ruby looks good. Lucky Caliber :rep: to the lucky owner!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot, I also debadged the dealers sticker thing... I used a sticker remover goo gone thing i bought at autozone, came with a tool to help you out... it came off so easily and so cleanly, I wish I did this 11 months ago.

·
Registered
724 Posts
nice. i want to paint my cover too, but just don't know what colour or if i want it customed some how....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, the color isn't really close enough for me... it's red, that's as close as it gets, lol. There is a guy in my town that will mix up a spray can of any color paint, including those matched to your car's paint code, for $15... I'll use that plenty of places.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
nice. i want to paint my cover too, but just don't know what colour or if i want it customed some how....

I vote Camillion, that would be hot

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
looking really good and will be even better with the rest u got on the way. Gonna paint the bar red to?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd Say it definitely made a difference. Not enough to notice any change in daily driving, but when you hit an on ramp at 70 you notice the back end is planted and doesn't lean much at all. I never drove autocross without it, so I can't tell you whether there was a lot of improvement or none at all there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Im glad you noticed a bit of a difference form the sway bars. Did you get the fronts in yet?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been a long time since I have posted on here. Ruby just turned two years old back in August. So I bought her a present, an AEM Brute Force Ram Air Intake. I also repainted the engine cover I had to match the paint much better, also added in the pewter metallic color in the section of the cover where it says "Dual VVT 1.8L".

You can also see in the picture a strut tower brace that I put on her last year. It is the DC/Mopar brand one, without the badge. Since it didn't have the badge on it there were two holes in the middle of it. I decided it would be a perfect place to put an AEM sticker that came with my intake.

I still have a Mopar Header that I haven't put on yet. I am waiting to do it all at once when I get an exhaust. I also had R/T rims on it all summer and they looked great, but I switched them back now that winter is just around the corner.

Reactions: Francois

·
Registered
721 Posts
Car looks good Nick. Good to see you back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good to be back.

Question to you Darkside, do your 255 tires rub at all? also, do you have some sort of spacers or a different offset on the rims?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Did u clear the engine cover. Or just paint it?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Good to be back.

Question to you Darkside, do your 255 tires rub at all? also, do you have some sort of spacers or a different offset on the rims?

Nope. No rubbing issues at all. No spacers either. The offset is +40, so the wheel actually comes out towards the door side of the car, not into it. Never had any issues with them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts