Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the other day I found out my XM radio fits perfectly in the media dock on the center console, and decided to figure out how to run wires through the console so it could still open and close, but at the same time hide my wires. This is my first time doing something like this, but I thought I'd share.

Removal of the center console is pretty easy.. I didn't think to take pictures of the disassembly, but basically you remove the screws and it pops apart.. not hard to figure out.

Anyway, you can run your wires under the console easily, and then there are 2 screws on the side you can unhook and run them up into the console box. From there, I took out the screws on the hinge and ran them under it for wire stability:

Top side:

For the next step, I couldn't run my wires through the grooves already made, so I punched a hole through, but don't worry, this piece is sandwiched by a piece on each side, and is not visible. I ran both wires through this.

The top piece actually is 2 pieces, you can remove the media dock which make running the wires easier than pushing them through, once it's in the dock goes back in easy with 2 screws.

The finished product:

Don't forget to leave some slack in the middle so your console can still slide. I sort of cheated on the finished picture, because I'm not actually done.. the power wire to my cigarette lighter is about 3 inches too short, so I'm going to splice some wire in between to lengthen it, I just haven't done that yet. Another handy tip if you have an external satellite antenna that you don't really want to stick out, I found a perfect spot on the rear gate, and it's hidden by the roof rail, which the plastic didn't seem to interfere with my reception:

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask if I wasn't clear enough on anything!

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Fantastic thread Scorned, very helpfull description and photo's too..
reps for you...

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Nice pictures and a good job. reps for that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with the way it turned out.. I really had no use for the dock before since I don't have an Ipod, and this works great! :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
looks great thanks for the info. rep points

1 - 12 of 12 Posts