Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
While this is a good money saving tip. If it were my Caliber - probably looking at replacing the alternator with a new de-coupling pulley on it. My luck I would get done doing that and find that the alternator stopped charging. In fact I did this last summer on my 2007 Caliber SXT with 95,000 kms.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While this is a good money saving tip. If it were my Caliber - probably looking at replacing the alternator with a new de-coupling pulley on it. My luck I would get done doing that and find that the alternator stopped charging. In fact I did this last summer on my 2007 Caliber SXT with 95,000 kms.
That's why I always recommend replacing the whole alternator and getting that 1 year warranty. Several have gone the cheap route and within 6 months had to replace the whole alternator resulting in more money spent in the end. But, as the saying goes "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink". So for those; we give them this info.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll sound like an idiot, but does a new alternator come with the decoupling pulley?
Yes, and you get a warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts