Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007-2009 Part Numbers:
Driver's Door Part Number: 04602780AA - about $35 USD
All other doors: 04602787AA - about $8 USD (x3)

(From a Dodge Charger)

Plug and play!

Driver's Door Part Number: 04602780AA
All other doors: 04602787AA (x3)

(From a Dodge Charger)

Step One:

Pop off the screw cap, and remove screw in the pull cup

Step Two:

Slowly, and carefully, start to remove the bolster. I found its best to start around the middle of the top of the bolster with something that won't gouge up the plastic. Once its started, work your hand around, and pull the rest of the clips out. The bolster is still attached to the door by a couple of supports, so you don't have to worry about dropping it.

Step Three:

Carefully peel back the foam surrounding the plugs underneath. (The green tape is what i did, when i took them off before to paint my arm rest areas on my doors.)

Step Four:

Unplug the connectors

Step Five:

Carefully remove the switches from their places. I think that they all have about 6 tabs holding them to the bolster.

New (Left) VS. Factory (Right)

Step Six:

Plug in the new switch, to make sure it works. (when you test the switches in the passenger door, make sure that those widows are not locked out by the master switch, as I found out the hard way, when the other windows are locked out, their lights are off) Then follow the above steps in reverse order, and repeat for each door.

When done, it will look like this:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics:

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I have to do this soon, I hate fumbling in the dark for the switches. Nice write up!!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
So looking at those prices, and what LEDs go for; Dodge probably saved a grand total of $10 by not putting in the fully lighted switches. You really gotta wonder what they put into the car that required them to nickel and dime on parts like this to stay under a certain price level.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So looking at those prices, and what LEDs go for; Dodge probably saved a grand total of $10 by not putting in the fully lighted switches. You really gotta wonder what they put into the car that required them to nickel and dime on parts like this to stay under a certain price level.
I'd say $10 is high figure lol.

But when you think that to save the money, they then had to engineer a separate switch for the lower end cars and stock them...

Damn benz

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you everyone.. I love the pics and step by step..
I think I will do this after all.. I called my dodge dealership
and they want 79 dollars for the master switch..
Can you all give me a link where I can order them at a
cheaper price?? Sorry for asking for more information..

Thanks a lot..

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Thank you everyone.. I love the pics and step by step..
cheaper price?? Sorry for asking for more information..

Thanks a lot..
I'd start by calling other Chrysler dealers. All the brands under Chrysler have the same switches. If you have no luck on getting a better price at one of those other dealers; check the salvage yards.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'd start by calling other Chrysler dealers. All the brands under Chrysler have the same switches.
Not quite right. They look alike, but some have different plugs on the rear.

When I tried to replace my front passenger door power switch I ordered one from a Chrysler 300. It's the same size but no plug'n'play on the rear. What I can confirm is that the Charger's switch will fit since I also have replaced the switch in my driver's door.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

When I tried to replace my front passenger door power switch I ordered one from a Chrysler 300. It's the same size but no plug'n'play on the rear. What I can confirm is that the Charger's switch will fit since I also have replaced the switch in my driver's door.
Are both switches "AUTO" switches?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts

I based my answer on the "part number" and said "other brands", meaning Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler. I was not referring to models of cars.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Are both switches "AUTO" switches?
No, the Caliber's switch has no "Auto" in the front passenger door. Apparently that's why different on the rear.
I based my answer on the "part number" and said "other brands", meaning Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler. I was not referring to models of cars.
OK, my fault. :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, the Caliber's switch has no "Auto" in the front passenger door. Apparently that's why different on the rear.

OK, my fault. :)
Yeah, that's the annoying thing. Look at Avengers and Sebring/200 as well.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
cheaper price?? .
http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/__/SWITCH-Power-Window--Window-and-Door-Lock--[JPD-JPH]-6-gang--[JPD]-6-gang--6-Gang--6-gang-[JPD[--6-gang-[JPD]--6-gang-high-current/6650698/04602780AA.html

SWITCH. Power Window, Window and Door Lock. .
Stock Code 04602780AA
Fitment Notes Trim: (*YL.)
List Price $ 51.70 Your Price $ 43.40 You save $ 8.30 (16%)

SWITCH. Window and Door Lock. 6 gang [JPD]. Trim: *O0, . "Premium Door Trim Panel"+"Power Windows, Driver One-Touch". Required: 001

to you $13 S&H, but to me $40 ! ouch.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
Yeah, that's the annoying thing. Look at Avengers and Sebring/200 as well.
D'Oh !! No right side Charger either. The one-touch auto button is on the wrong side for us right siders.

RHD Calibers option is to solder the LEDs onto the circuit board.

·
Super Moderator
12,112 Posts
It works the other way around. What can Dodge add to a vehicle that costs them next to nothing but allows them to charge thousands more over base for 'loaded' features.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
This a very old thread although Aleks and Un4GTBL are still active members
so you may/may not get a reply.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts