Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering where to run the green wire to from a Tachometer i know where to run the power and ground but the green on older cars would go to the distributor if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The tach in a Caliber is run electronically...the PCM uses the crankshaft position sensor to calculate the engine RPM. No real way to connect a mechanical tach that I can think of, but it's possible there may be a device on the market that plugs into the OBD-II port and can pull that information from the PCM. Diagnostic scan tools can pull all sorts of data this way, but whether a specialized device exists to just display engine RPM, I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
12,090 Posts
Bluetooth OBD2 adapter & phone app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i was wondering where to run the green wire to from a Tachometer i know where to run the power and ground but the green on older cars would go to the distributor if im not mistaken.
Msd tach driver

1 - 4 of 4 Posts