Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Yeah but ... the DMCs do not corrode !

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to the Caliber SRT4 Registry, in total, there were 5153 Caliber SRT4's made worldwide.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My buddy still has me beat on a rarer car though :(. He has a 2008 Honda Civic Si Mugen. Its not that fast, but its 1 of 1000 in the world.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
According to the Caliber SRT4 Registry, in total, there were 5153 Caliber SRT4's made worldwide.
No, that's the number of cars we found but according to the plant managers, 5562 were made in total.

We're still looking for the last 400 VINs.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
when u go by the vin# how do u tell where they were built, and how many were built befor and after.
where they were built - all at Belvidere IL

Registry list has build dates, Vin sequence numbers were not built sequentially !

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
when u go by the vin# how do u tell where they were built, and how many were built befor and after.
The VIN number is used to lookup production plant database which we have access to. From there we gather color, exact build date (more precise than driver side door sticker) and original market location.

where they were built - all at Belvidere IL

Registry list has build dates, Vin sequence numbers were not built sequentially !
All Calibers were built sequentially but CSRT4s only make up a small percentage of all production. They are pseudo-randomly inserted in the normal production run on the same assembly line. When we find a CSRT4 vin, we can traverse up and the from that number for a few cars and generally find a couple other ones.

For the remaining 150 missing cars at this point, we have to shoot in the dark and hope to hit a new CSRT4 we didn't have. It's a time consuming exercise.

·
Super Moderator
12,569 Posts
Sequencing : I have seen this repeated often enough by people who work in production that it seems plausible so for an advisory -->

A vehicle identification number (VIN) is assigned before production actually begins. The order of the vehicle on the assembly line is not dependent on the VIN itself. When cars and trucks leave the line (rotate) is based on production capabilities, component availability, logistical directives, and special order vehicles that may have "broken the line".

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No, that's the number of cars we found but according to the plant managers, 5562 were made in total.

We're still looking for the last 400 VINs.
U have to keep in mind too that some of those were probably totalled too....so it will be impossible to find them all...i do applaud ur efforts though...i didn't know they made these in 07.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
U have to keep in mind too that some of those were probably totalled too....so it will be impossible to find them all...i do applaud ur efforts though...i didn't know they made these in 07.
We're actually down to about only 150 missing vehicles. We do not rely on current fleet data (impossible to compile) but rather the actual Dodge database. Crashed vehicle wont affect our VIN gathering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We´ve only got 10 in Sweden (some of them not sold). I got one of them, love your american "bad ass" cars :)

Owner of a Dodge Caliber SRT4.
That's 10% fewer in Sweden ;)

Your CSRT4 should be on the list of 5674 made

Yes it is on the site,
Material property Font Electric blue Technology Rectangle

I have searched around and i have never heard someone having it in Norway. I am proud to be 18 and own a unique car like that.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts