Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum: Hoping to find out what a problem may be and to ask a question about the throttle control working when the car is not started and the flap is physically pushed in and closes by itself.

2011 No codes coming up with code reader. No icons on the dash before the electronic throttle control light started appearing. No situations occurred like other posts here talking about car being sluggish. high idle etc... Car had been on a one hour round trip with no issues. Have had the car 3 years without no issues. Parked in driveway for two days after the hour trip and then would not turn over the next day. Power and engine cranking but would not get to the point of turning over. Saw a video where one should turn the key to on position just to before you turn fully on and then wait for dash icon lights to go off -lastly the electronic throttle control light (lightning bolt and inverted parenthesis) The gas pedal is then pressed all the way to the floor and then slowly released all the way back up. The car is then to be turned off and the started up normally- much to my surprise and pleasure it worked ! The car started right up and again no icon lights on the dashboard . Started up two or three times after normally. It ended up being necessary again a day or two later and worked like a charm, The next time it was necessary to use the "trick" again, it would not give the same result. Is there a way to tell if the electronic throttle control is working when the car is not started and the flap is manually pushed in and closes by itself? Could this be a sensor issue

Any comments about the situation are are greatly welcomed and appreciated - Thanks in advance

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would just replace the throttle if you even suspect it may have an issue.

I replaced mine just because I knew they were prone to problems at this age, and didn't want to get stuck in an intersection at the wrong time.

$70 on Amazon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts