Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello caliber friends, here is my problem. I got a 2010 sxt caliber a month ago. I noticed the cluster lights are missing some of the icon lights, including the MIL and the airbag. So I think the guy who sold it in the first place hid them by using some masking tape to hide the icons inside the cluster somehow, because the tire pressure light is like half lit. Is there a way to open it and remove the tape if it is the case, or could it be a wire cut so it wouldn't light up. What do you think? Here's a photo of the cluster light test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlikely to be a wire.

Get another unit off a scrapper is my route, just swap it out.

Of course you will then have the more serious problem of a disabled air bag requiring replacement.

MIL fault - get the codes read then a mechanics appraisal.

The car is likely beyond economic repair.
Thanks, took it to the mechanics. P0420 code. The cat was removed. I'm from Mexico, that is not a big deal here. That is the only code. The car works just fine but I do am worried of something related to airbags (but no codes).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the airbag has been disabled or removed & you do not need it then no bother. I would not even do the cluster.
Get yourself a code reader I just bought the AD10 Advancer from xtool about $12. Check monthly or as needed in place of the MIL.
Well, that's what I did, but I got the elm327. That's how I knew about the code in the first place, then took it to the professional. The airbag is my only concern, to know if it works or just not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts