Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the 2010-11 dodge calibers better than the 07-08 models? i just heard from a friend that he had to put front ball joints on a 08.and i like these cars alot and i am thinking about getting a 2010.:Racing:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
The newer models seem to have made some interior improvements, but the drive trains are still basically the same. As far as ball joints go, I've got an 08 model and mine are fine. What kind of roads does your friend travel? That may have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I've only replaced my ball joints on my 4x4 and I think once on my 1967 volkswagen...but that was because it was 40 years old..if I hit a few chunk holes I might have to replace mine..but I am driving careful so that won't happen missing as many chunk holes as I can

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
As I posted elsewhere, many of the issues with premature failure of suspension parts in newer cars have been traced to bad grounds between the battery and engine block/transmission. Bad grounds force current to travel through the suspension. Since these parts move, the result is arcing which damages the surface of the moving parts causing failure. Your friend should have his grounding checked and maybe even add some additional ones or he could be looking at needing the same ball joints replaced with in a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts