Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here I've got a dodge 06 crd my low beam head light isn't working have tried to replace the bulb still not working any ideas on a cheap fix

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Reset the circuits. Disconnect the power and earth cables. Should do that anyway before accessing the housings.

Reactions: ccg2301

·
Registered
Dodge Calibre SXT Sport CRD
38 Posts
Hi Cookie, and welcome to the forum, Aleks is correct, hold the wires together for about 10-15 minutes that will reset the TIPM and should clear any errors the car is possibly having. If I remember right, I think I read that there are fuses for the left AND right headlamps in the fuse box under the hood. Double check the fuses (i.e. try swap fuse positions and try again) and hopefully it's as easy as that!! I've also seen posts that this has worked and some that it didn't. You could also check the multifunction switch stalk on the left hand side, although a lot of the functions run through the main computer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cookie, and welcome to the forum, Aleks is correct, hold the wires together for about 10-15 minutes that will reset the TIPM and should clear any errors the car is possibly having. If I remember right, I think I read that there are fuses for the left AND right headlamps in the fuse box under the hood. Double check the fuses (i.e. try swap fuse positions and try again) and hopefully it's as easy as that!! I've also seen posts that this has worked and some that it didn't. You could also check the multifunction switch stalk on the left hand side, although a lot of the functions run through the main computer.
Thanks will give it a go fingers crossed

·
Administrator
6,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
If it does not reset, was your old bulb blown? Some have found a break in the wiring. Their fix was to take a signal wire from the other side to a power relay as a by-pass.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks
If it does not reset, was your old bulb blown? Some have found a break in the wiring. Their fix was to take a signal wire from the other side to a power relay as a by-pass.
thanks I’ve also noticed that when I put my lights on they flicker slightly & seem dim even though they are the brightest that they can go

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Flicker could be poor earth. Are you using standard replacement OEM bulbs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts