Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just joined.

I was wondering if I could get some help. I recently purchased the Pioneer AVH-P8400BH 2-Din system. First off, will this even fit in my 2007 caliber? I did purchase a new Nav Bezel.I'm waiting on both of them. My other question is what exactly do I need to make the installation. I see a lot of people talk about dash kits and harnesses. I really just don't know what to get.

I have seen some post showing installations, and I know that will help once I get everything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RJ

·
Registered
82 Posts
if you wanna get the basic harness u can make it work without the expensive chip on it, all you need to do is connect the power for the Head Unit to the cigarette lighter, it saves you about 100$

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I checked out crutchfield.com. I purchased my satellite radio tuner from there. They actually say that I can't fit the AVH-P8400BH in my car. But I bought the Navigation Bezel and it looks it would fit.

I just wasn't sure about the mounting kit. I bought a set off of ebay that had the mounting kit, antenna, and a wire harness. But it seems like the mounting kit might be too small for the unit... So Now I'm thinking instead of trying to do it myself (even though I think it would be fun), I might get a professional to do it. Has anyone ever used BestBuy?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts