Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the alternator out today, finally got it to drop. Before I could figure out how to disconnect the electrical connector from the alternator, I fatigued and the wires pulled out of the connector.

I just need to know which wire goes into which hole. Does anyone recall which is which?

Thanks!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
If you're going to be doing this kind of work, you really need to download a copy of the service manual;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the service manual, it says "Unplug field circuit from generator" - not "Remove red tab from field circuit generator plug, then depress exposed tab and remove"

:p

Thanks for the diagram!

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I have the service manual, it says "Unplug field circuit from generator" - not "Remove red tab from field circuit generator plug, then depress exposed tab and remove"

Thanks for the diagram!
I got it from the service manual.:p

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
I took a look at mine, if I'm right there are 2 wires, one is red with grey stripe, and the other is brown with a grey stripe. The brown wire goes closest the the red clip you were speaking of. I hope this helps you.:smileup:

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

Thanks for the diagram!
Sometimes the information in a manual (for almost anything) is not explicit or literal. You always have to look at what is right in front of you and think through how to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes the information in a manual (for almost anything) is not explicit or literal. You always have to look at what is right in front of you and think through how to do it.
Yes; this is why I lowered the alternator to get a better look at the clip.

Anyway, it's completely resolved now - no more horrible rattling sounds coming from the engine! Thanks again guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
stuck with that plug

I took a look at mine, if I'm right there are 2 wires, one is red with grey stripe, and the other is brown with a grey stripe. The brown wire goes closest the the red clip you were speaking of. I hope this helps you.:smileup:
guys, I am trying to fix my car. about to remove the alternator but I need to unplug the electrical from the back of it. I did everything I cant take that mf out. my fingers now hurt and the red tab is a little messed up. pls give me suggestion how to take it out. I press the red tab and tried pull out the whole thing ...no luck. I saw a youtube video, the red tab is all out while mine is all in. tried to pull it out it don't work,....I even pry it.....help me pls.....lol.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I THINK the red tab just pulls out, then you depress the other tab to release the harness.

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
guys, I am trying to fix my car. about to remove the alternator but I need to unplug the electrical from the back of it. I did everything I cant take that mf out. my fingers now hurt and the red tab is a little messed up. pls give me suggestion how to take it out. I press the red tab and tried pull out the whole thing ...no luck. I saw a youtube video, the red tab is all out while mine is all in. tried to pull it out it don't work,....I even pry it.....help me pls.....lol.
Typically those type connectors need to be squeezed once the red tab is pulled outward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts