Dodge Caliber Forum banner

help! transmission codes!!!

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  titonguaso 
#1 ·
hello everyone, nice forum you have here. am buying a caliber from 2007 sxt. but am buying it as is.
i scanned for codes, this are those

c0706
u0101
u0402
p0700
p1723
p0032
p0038

i have done some research specially on the "u" codes and the p1723
wich says its a stuck solenoid, but this codes might be related almost all of them.
do you recomend to go straight to replace solenoids on trans? i just used a simple scanner obd
any coments thx

#3 ·
I agree with Tom. If you want a Caliber, find a different year too. 07 was NOT a good year for them. I had an 08 and had zero trouble with it. It got murdered at 65,000 miles by a drunk teenager hitting me head on. I loved that Caliber.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply, well it is cheap as hell, 400$ the owner doesnt have time or money to fix it. I have seen the trans on junkers on 500 to 600s. But following the codes it appears to be electric problem, i hope its just that. I talked to few trans mechanics and some say thousends to fix while other said that he change the solenoid pack in the trans for 60$.

#5 ·
Personally, I'd stay the hell away from it, but it's YOUR money and YOUR decision ultimately. Do what you feel is best for you and your budget. Just keep in mind that these CVT transmissions are disposables. There's NO rebuilding them. Yank one out, throw it away and put another one in. Even JATCO (who builds them) doesn't offer a rebuild option.

#6 ·
hello everyone, am sending this to everyone that has or had the u0402 and u0101.
someone told me to erease all the codes and rescan it to see what codes stays.
so i ereased codes, the only ones that stayed was u0402 and u0101
and since those two reffer to trans electrical comunication i inspected all cables and nothing
was damage also the trans temp light came on even on cold engine. then i saw a video where the explain about the fuse box may cause errors,
so i lif the fuse box while engine running and the temp light started going crazy everytime i moved the box.
the last plug that goes right next to the battery on fuse box is the issue. i wrap it and problem solved, no more codes.
and since it only was 400$ cause the previous owner thought the trans was failing cause limp mode, i told him what the problem was
of course after i had it on my name, he just scratch his head lol.
now to deal with front and rear suspensions. good luck everyone with trans codes.

#7 ·
Congratulations on finding the problem and fixing it. Good luck with the suspension work. That's a KNOWN problem area for the Calibers. If you find a good deal on parts, you may want to buy two of everything, because if you're going to keep this car, you're going to need suspension parts regularly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.