Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 08 dodge caliber se tensioner pully wheel broke off the bolt's that hold it in place snaped and I can't get anything to get them out like bolt extractor and I don't have any wielding equipment ether what should I do.

·
Registered
847 Posts
You could try drilling a hole in the portion remaining in the block. Start off with a small diameter hole the length of what's left in the block, then gradually use larger drill bits until you have the vast majority of it drilled out. You could then try removing it with an easy out or hammer a flathead screwdriver into it and see if you can twist it out with that.

·
Registered
317 Posts
So my 08 dodge caliber se tensioner pully wheel broke off the bolt's that hold it in place snaped and I can't get anything to get them out like bolt extractor and I don't have any wielding equipment ether what should I do.
Wow, this is a difficult problem.

You need to get that out without damaging the threads. If the threads get damaged, you would need to drill and tap the hole, and I don't think there would be room to do that without pulling the engine out. Yikes.

If this was my car, I'd take these pictures to a local machine shop and a good indy mechanic and see if any of them are willing to do the work. If so, then I'd tow the car there and have it done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts