Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B1A08 which obd2 says is rke 1 performance. Car has died several times while driving and throws a check engine code loss of all power including power steer most times it starts back immediately but the last time it cranked for a bit but eventually started. This is frustrating please help me with a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I understand this code, and what I've found out about it, you've triggered the security module which is trying to protect your car from being hacked. Unfortunately, you will probably need to be a new key fob and have it paired to your car.

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
You should have two keys so that is an easy check with the less used fob.
There are other issues such as the pairing with the receiver and sometimes codes are thrown by wrong data.
Intermittent electrical issues are the worst to resolve so you need to record as much as you can

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are other issues such as the pairing with the receiver and sometimes codes are thrown by wrong data.
Intermittent electrical issues are the worst to
Intermittent electrical issues are the worst to resolve so you need to record as much as you can
[/QU
resolve so you need to record as much as you can
I only have one key unfortunately I bought it from a individual. But I may buy a key and fob combo and have it cut and program it to see if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
12,073 Posts
OK but be realistic. A dealer programed key is not cheap and may not be the issue. Replacing parts in hope quickly adds up to more than market value, once you start you will feel invested in pursuing a resolution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK but be realistic. A dealer programed key is not cheap and may not be the issue. Replacing parts in hope quickly adds up to more than market value, once you start you will feel invested in pursuing a resolution.
Thank you for all the help. I think I may have the problem resolved. I replaced the battery in the fob after driving it a few miles the check engine light is off and running good so far about 100 miles. It sounds silly but someone at work said a low battery can cause that on rare occasions. The remote was till working previously but since battery replacement the remote works better and has ran better thank you. Will post update soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts