Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have one for you on my 2007 SXT, I had a total power failure all signs lead to a faulty alternator, I change the alternator didn't fix the problem. I had the alternator tested it was good did some more research and it told me there was possibly a voltage regulator voltage regulator doesn't exist on them Dodge Caliber! did some more research everything in that research told me that it was PCM so I replace the PCM didn't solve the problem, battery light stayed on will not charge. did some more research came up that I needed to change the TIPM so I went and bought a new TIPM, did not work battery light still on still not charging. any ideas I'm open for anything, I've throne enough parts and money at it Why Stop Now!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Blinker fluid will get you every time!

Remove the battery.
[Properly] Connect a charger/booster/jump starter where the battery was.
Turn the ignition on - do not start the car.
Clear any problem codes with a code reader.
Turn off the ignition.

Turn on the ignition.
Start the car.

At this point, what do you see? What's going on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Remove the battery.
Turn off the ignition.

Turn on the ignition.
Start the car.

Have not tried with out battery, still dark here, when the sun come up going to try another TIPM.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well you've certainly peppered your Caliber with the parts cannon ;)

Was the car 100% totally dead or were you getting some internal lights but the car wouldn't start? A totally dead car could easily be a bad battery cable.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Remove the battery.
Turn off the ignition.

Turn on the ignition.
Start the car.

I had this same Issue on my 2007 Caliber for 5 months I drove around with 2 batteries one to get to work and one to get me home and where ever I went.Now here's what a co-worker told me which i didn't think was the problem until i decided to do.he told me to check the wire the fusible link wire that run from the alternator to the starter and sure enough it had burn away from the starter and cause my battery not to charge.I did everything you did except buying a TIPM because the TIPM isn't your Issue.I went to a Pull-Apart and strip the wire off the same car and install it and sure enough that was the problem and I didn't need a PCM now i have 2 check the wire I mention and see.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I have one for you on my 2007 SXT, I had a total power failure all signs lead to a faulty alternator, I change the alternator didn't fix the problem. I had the alternator tested it was good did some more research and it told me there was possibly a voltage regulator voltage regulator doesn't exist on them Dodge Caliber! did some more research everything in that research told me that it was PCM so I replace the PCM didn't solve the problem, battery light stayed on will not charge. did some more research came up that I needed to change the TIPM so I went and bought a new TIPM, did not work battery light still on still not charging. any ideas I'm open for anything, I've throne enough parts and money at it Why Stop Now!
View attachment 16911
It has to be the fusible link wire that runs from the alternator to the starter I had this same Issue for 5 months until it solve my Issue.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
Mike please take more time to make your additions to old threads readable

I had this same Issue on my 2007 Caliber for 5 months I drove around with 2 batteries one to get to work and one to get me home and where ever I went.Now here's what a co-worker told me which i didn't think was the problem until i decided to do.he told me to check the wire the fusible link wire that run from the alternator to the starter and sure enough it had burn away from the starter and cause my battery not to charge.I did everything you did except buying a TIPM because the TIPM isn't your Issue.I went to a Pull-Apart and strip the wire off the same car and install it and sure enough that was the problem and I didn't need a PCM now i have 2 check the wire I mention and see.
I had this same Issue on my 2007 Caliber. For 5 months I drove around with 2 batteries ( one to get to work and one to get me home ) where-ever I went. Here's what a co-worker told me which I didn't think was the problem until I decided to do what.he told me. This was to check the fusible link wire that runs from the alternator to the starter. Sure enough it had burnt away from the starter and caused my battery not to charge. I did everything you did except buying a TIPM because the TIPM isn't your Issue. I went to a Pull-Apart and stripped the wire off the same car. Installing it sure enough solved the problem and I didn't need a PCM. Now check the wire I mention and see.

I edited this one because on my 2007 I had a similar solution rewiring the connection from the alternator to the battery.

OTHER long text strings not resembling formatted ENGLSH will be summarily deleted.

Reactions: Linda_thewannabeSRT
1 - 7 of 7 Posts