Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am a pastor who currently uses a Dodge Caliber as a commuter car. I appreciate how it is simple to run and maintain, and also that it is fuel-efficient.

·
Super Moderator
12,467 Posts
Welcome to the group - hope it stays simple.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello!
I am a pastor who currently uses a Dodge Caliber as a commuter car. I appreciate how it is simple to run and maintain, and also that it is fuel-efficient.
Keep Praying because these cars aren't that simple to work on and they do have some Major Issues,I have replace the front sub frame and a yerar later replace the rear sub frame all by myself it's work but i was able to save money doing it myself because a garage and a STEALERSHIP will charge you big $$$.Also I fix other things i haven't listed now I have a transmission control module that is becoming a Issue that I have to clear the code P0700 to get it to drive so keep Praying pastor.

·
Administrator
6,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome!
Keep Praying because these cars aren't that simple to work on and they do have some Major Issues,I have replace the front sub frame and a yerar later replace the rear sub frame all by myself it's work but i was able to save money doing it myself because a garage and a STEALERSHIP will charge you big $$$.Also I fix other things i haven't listed now I have a transmission control module that is becoming a Issue that I have to clear the code P0700 to get it to drive so keep Praying pastor.
Yes, I am under no illusion that the Caliber is a high quality car. But I have found it relatively straightforward to maintain for now... I have even done some of my own auto body work, which has been a good learning experience.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome to the forum padre! The Caliber may not be the greatest car ever made but compared to new vehicles it's a whole lot easier to work on (for the most part). I've had mine for 9 years now and still love it, warts and all ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum padre! The Caliber may not be the greatest car ever made but compared to new vehicles it's a whole lot easier to work on (for the most part). I've had mine for 9 years now and still love it, warts and all ;)
Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I agree with you that the Caliber is not a high-quality car, but you are right that it is quite easy to work on and functional. It has served me well as a commuter car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!
Hello!
Welcome to the group, may your Caliber experience stay positive. My daughter loves her 06 Caliber. She has been able to successfully complete some repairs herself, with a little advice & help from the forum.
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the group, may your Caliber experience stay positive. My daughter loves her 06 Caliber. She has been able to successfully complete some repairs herself, with a little advice & help from the forum.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the welcome! I'm glad the Caliber has worked for your daughter. Yes, it strikes me as a good student car! Actually, the Caliber I am currently driving belonged toy oldest daughter, and it served her well. Merry Christmas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts