Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2012 Dodge Caliber SXT Plus at the end of February this year and I love my car!

Mods so far:
- replaced the stock antenna with the black, Euro-style 13" one
- chrome license plate holder
- removed dealer branding
- tinted the windows
- chrome kit on side-view mirrors and door handles
- installed clear Euro Altezza tail lights (split the brake light to fill 2 sockets)
- installed a Uconnect kit for bluetooth hands-free and iPod connect
- Weathertech mats in front, back and hatch.
- Silverstar bulbs in every exterior socket
- Installed xenon white high power Cree LEDs in fog lights

My goal for this is to make the car look like a premium model vehicle. Next up for me, once I save up a bit, is to finish off the lower body molding. Not sure why, but I noticed the SXT Plus models don't come with the skirting completed, this may be for all models, not sure. I plan to get the Mopar lower body side molding accents and lower fascia chin spoiler. I know there are better kits available, but I don't mind the stock look.

I also originally wanted to replace both the headlight and tail light assemblies with blacked-out ones, but I'm lazy. When I saw that you have to remove the entire front end to do this, I said the hell with that and instead just swapped out the tail lights with clear/chrome ones to match the existing headlights.

The tail light wiring was simple to split the brake light to 2 sockets. I found a 2010 Dodge Caliber at a junkyard online and called them to see if they could ship me the wiring harnesses for each tail light. They had no problem doing so for only $20. I cut off the brake light sockets from the harnesses they sent and spliced them into the existing brake light sockets. The wire colors matched up perfectly. This way I have the exact same sockets, same bulbs, etc. Every exterior light on the car has Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Headlights have Sylvania zXe bulbs and the stock fog lights have xenon white high power Cree LEDs installed.

Note: if you plan to do this, you will need to use a Dremel to remove 3/4 of one of the notches on the socket that secures the socket to the tail light assembly. This is because the extra hole in the assembly is expecting a turn signal socket, which has a slightly different notch layout.

I was fortunate enough to have the stock 18" aluminum alloy rims at the time of purchase. I like these enough to stick with them.

So far, I'm loving this car and this forum's been a great resource for ideas and guides. Let me know what you think!

Pics (Sorry for the quality, taken with the latest potato):

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! :wavey: Very nice! :smileup:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ, man. That's a sweet looking Caliber. I dig the wheels especially. Reps for the pics.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Nice Caliber ! :rep: for sharing the pics with your intro! Welcome!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some new pics after I detailed the exterior. I also include some pics of the WeatherTech floor/cargo mats and my uConnect install. I have the RES head unit, but it didn't have the phone/voice buttons on it. So my uConnect install added a dongle with these buttons. The other pics show close ups of the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs in the front turn signal sockets and rear reverse light sockets.

I thought someone might want to see these in case they were wondering what this would look like if they wanted to do something similar.

All cleaned up:

Look at that smile:

She's happy being clean:

Sylvania Silverstar turn signal bulbs. They appear purplish-blue during the day, but light up amber when signalling:

All shined up:

Altezza tail lights:

Close up of the tail lights with Sylvania Silverstar reverse light showing up bluish:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Now you've gone and got me all worked up and wanting another Caliber. I'll have to hit the lottery first, though. I'm tapped out for the next six years paying for this 200.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Thanks for these new pics :smileup: Love the WeatherTech mats!

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your Caliber looks great!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts