Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I changed my plugs, coils, throttle body, oil and filter, cabin filter, airfilter. Car runs great... after it warms up of course.
I did the throttle pedal reset, but it works for the day. In the morning i have to do the pedal thing again. If i dont and just start driving, the red bolt comes on and revs up with no acceleration even if pushed all the way down.
Can anybody help me...
P.S do 2011 Dodge Calibers have T.P.S

·
Registered
174 Posts
And you have a new throttle body? I'd spray the connections with contact cleaner and check/clean all the ground points.

Any codes in the ECU?

Have you serviced the CVT?

If the ECU is 'forgetting' the throttle calibration overnight, it could be a failing ECU, some type of wiring or ground point corrosion or damage, bad throttle position sensor or bad throttle body.

Try the contact cleaner on the harness connections for the throttle body and clean and tighten all the grounds (even if they already look clean and tight).

·
Administrator
6,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
179 Posts
If pressing the gas pedal revs up the engine, but the car doesn't move (duh, in gear), then it’s a transmission problem.

Low trans fluid.

I’d suggest starting with a fluid replacement by a Dodge dealership mechanic, then see what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you have a new throttle body? I'd spray the connections with contact cleaner and check/clean all the ground points.

Any codes in the ECU?

If the ECU is 'forgetting' the throttle calibration overnight, it could be a failing ECU, some type of wiring or ground point corrosion or damage, bad throttle position sensor or bad throttle body.

Try the contact cleaner on the harness connections for the throttle body and clean and tighten all the grounds (even if they already look clean and tight).

Thats another question. Cause i font believe in any fluid being good for a lifetime that i came across. Rumor has it that my transmission fluid is a "Never have to change it fluid" i check that stuff and it looked horrible. It dont have a dipstick so i loosened the plug on the the trans pan. I need help locating the ecu.

·
Registered
174 Posts
...I need help locating the ecu.
The ECU in the picture below is sticking up on the right, to the right of the air cleaner box and to the left of the fuse box. It is immediately to the right of the brake fluid reservoir (with the yellow cap). It has two large connectors on top and you can see a harness coming down in front of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Any codes in the ECU?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes. The only ones thats popping up now are the tire sensors and throttle high air intake
It needs an intake manifold gasket, I just did mine, spray throttle cleaner around the top of the intake manifold it will choke. That’s your high airflow issue. Throws throttle body light as it can’t figure out where the air is coming from.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The right wheel codes could very well be that the tone ring or the speed sensor on that wheel is broken, so the car can't tell how fast that wheel is spinning. Check it for rust/corrosion. If it's the tone ring, you'll be replacing the front hub assembly to fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts