Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, hello again, y'all wonderful people.
I have an issue, and want to see what the people who actually know cars have to say here.
My gear shift knob... Is falling off in pieces in my hand today. (Pic included)
So, now, I am looking at gear shift knobs.
And to go with my little Blue the Raptor hood ornament, I have found ... A shifter I like. However, I have no Flippin clue if it would even fit. Are shifter knobs one size fits all, or do I need to look for caliber specific knobs and yeet my plan to have Rexy/Roberta for my shift knob? Anyone know?
406-Shifters-WRTeryx-Warren Remig Teryx Shifters is what I'm eyeballing rn, I just need to know if it would fit.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
If you are serious they say that they make them to order so tell them your vehicle and they will know the right size.
They are just a friction fit push on.

That is a well used knob you have so at least it will fall off easily.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Many shift knobs simply screw onto the shift "stalk", but not on the Caliber. The shift knob on the Caliber is press-fit onto the stalk and it ain't gonna come off easily. The way I did it was to remove the top cap, then drill holes in the plastic surrounding the stalk, all the way around it, kinda like "perforating" the plastic. I was then able to break off the bulk of the knob and easily remove the part still attached to the stalk.

Your best option for the Caliber is an aftermarket shift knob that uses set screws to tighten down to the stalk and comes with a few different diameter sleeves that fit over the stalk. I did this 9 years ago and the knob still works great. Just use a little blue Loc-Tite on the set screws.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Okay, hello again, y'all wonderful people.
I have an issue, and want to see what the people who actually know cars have to say here.
My gear shift knob... Is falling off in pieces in my hand today. (Pic included)
So, now, I am looking at gear shift knobs.
And to go with my little Blue the Raptor hood ornament, I have found ... A shifter I like. However, I have no Flippin clue if it would even fit. Are shifter knobs one size fits all, or do I need to look for caliber specific knobs and yeet my plan to have Rexy/Roberta for my shift knob? Anyone know?
406-Shifters-WRTeryx-Warren Remig Teryx Shifters is what I'm eyeballing rn, I just need to know if it would fit.
Thank you in advance
I agree with Chrisf. I bought a Revolver style shift knob from O'reillys 3 years ago, I forgot the brand but it's made out of metal and good quality, My caliber has a standard trans and works great. I had to swap the trans at one point and to be able to remove the knob and re-install was very easy and convenient.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts