Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which header is better the mopar or the dc sports? I know they're the known two or if there's any other company that supplies them and are they hard to put it? It looks kinda crowded.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No thats the only 2. Everyone is using mopar, so they are your best bet!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
DC Sports makes the header for themselves and for Mopar. So they are really the same header.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
DC Sports makes the header for themselves and for Mopar. So they are really the same header.
So it appears that just which ever one you can get at the best price will do just fine.:naughty:

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
TRUE THAT, I got mine for 200! thank you ebay!!!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
its about 2-4 hour job, depends on your experience, i used a lift, up and down, lol, some bolts are eaiser to get, but first you un unhook the sensor, then the exhaust, then unbolt the manifold cover, then start on the manifild it self. 5 bolts on the top, 3 on the bottem, and it has 2 studs, when its completely off and your ready to put the header on, re-use the stock metal manifold gasket if you want, because the header doesnt come with on, then recap what you done, after putting the header on make sure you have a torque wrench, and have it set for 55lbs, and then once you tighted all the bolts and studs, reconnect everything back together and then you should be golden

Damn there was a lot of "and then"s in that, sorry i dont have photos of a step by step, someone should be able to provide with that, i hope it helped G!

·
Registered
266 Posts
its about 2-4 hour job, depends on your experience, i used a lift, up and down, lol, some bolts are eaiser to get, but first you un unhook the sensor, then the exhaust, then unbolt the manifold cover, then start on the manifild it self. 5 bolts on the top, 3 on the bottem, and it has 2 studs, when its completely off and your ready to put the header on, re-use the stock metal manifold gasket if you want, because the header doesnt come with on, then recap what you done, after putting the header on make sure you have a torque wrench, and have it set for 55lbs, and then once you tighted all the bolts and studs, reconnect everything back together and then you should be golden

Damn there was a lot of "and then"s in that, sorry i dont have photos of a step by step, someone should be able to provide with that, i hope it helped G!
Thanks! I may do this in the future. I saw this one last night for $159.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-Performance-DODGE-CALIBER-HEADER-ceramic-coated-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem41507c67c6QQitemZ280523204550QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Damn dude thats a sweet find, REPS MOST DEF NEEDED FOR THAT!!!!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
damn!
nice find... mpx sells it for $309.99

mpx says you can hear and feel a difference...
true?!

R

·
0 Posts
Has anyone here done a before and after dyno for just installing the header? Also, was there any affect on the AFR with out tuning the ecm for the change?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is it louder with just a header on?... I'm thinking although I bought one of those headers for $140 I am going to hold off until I have the Cat-Back too, do it all at once.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
No it really doesnt make a different sound, dunno what about the sound with an exhaust though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts