Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to forums and I have a question about my caliber. On my rear hatch where the handle to open (don't know what the piece is called). is that whole cover has come off. It looks like its held in place by 4 bolts but the plastic has broken. Anyone ever heard of this problem? Or if I can avoid taking to the dealer for repair.

Thanks
Taylor

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Welcome to the forumZ, man. I've never heard of that but anything is possible. Perhaps you can get what you need at a local junkyard.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I'd like to see a picture. At least that way maybe one of us on here could come up with a cheap quick fix.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Taylor, are you talking about the cover on the outside or inside of the tail gate? I agree with Brad that a picture may help a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exterior Hatch Cover RE-attachment

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has this issue. IF this string is still active about the exterior hatch handle cover RE-attachment I will try to upload a pic if need be. I have the 2007 SXT model.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yeah, this has happened to a few people (at least)

My original one is still good though - 7.5 years at the end of this month I've had it.

Cheapest option would be to try and fix it with an epoxy, but not sure how long that would last. Otherwise, maybe a junk yard would have one you could get (just inspect it first)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing wrong with the cover itself other than it detached from the rest of the body in my hand while attempting to open as usual last night. I'm looking for the recommended RE-attaching materials and/or instructions IF out there in public domain somewhere to avoid a dealer visit since it is my only vehicle.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Nothing wrong with the cover itself other than it detached from the rest of the body in my hand while attempting to open as usual last night. I'm looking for the recommended RE-attaching materials and/or instructions IF out there in public domain somewhere to avoid a dealer visit since it is my only vehicle.
Need a picture, just like I asked the OP on this thread. I can come up with a solution to most anything if I can see the problem.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That would indicate that the points where the attachment bolts go in are broken or stripped out though.

I have some pictures showing the 6 bolts on the inside of the tailgate in Post #2 here - http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?33040-UN4GTBL-s-MyGIG-Install&highlight=

Post #19 has instructions for removing the interior trim on the tailgate

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here but a very active member in the old Blue and Red sites. Bought an 2009 BB SRT4 new and have recently experienced this problem. I remember UN4GTBL from way back in the day! Can anyone pass on the part number in Brilliant Black for this? What does Dodge call the part? Still love my CSRT4. 116K KM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts