Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have my interior stripped (seats, lower trims and carpet and sub trim) but found that the factory harness runs to a plug in the pillar to feed wires to the door, is there a way to feed speaker wire through the plug or another location??? I'm fitting polk mm6501's up front, mm691's in rear doors, and replacing the stock sub with an mm840 dvc, all powered by an alpine pdx v9.

Thanks, sam

·
Registered
62 Posts
when i did my speakers i cut into to factory harness, after finding out the proper colors for the wires i dont remember where i found he schemes it was somewhere on this site though

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So u just soldered into the factory harness before the plug? That looks like its going to be my only option. Where did you find the speaker harness under the dash? I cant find a link to wiring diagrams anywhere

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
if you bought from the ebay seller you linked before you should of received an installation guide. I did some research and if you can’t hook the oem harness back up i believe these are the proper color codes for the oem harness.

Car radio battery constant 12v+ wire: Red/light blue
car radio ground wire: Black/yellow
car stereo antenna trigger: Gray/red
left front speaker positive wire (+): Gray/violet
left front speaker negative wire (-): Gray/yellow
right front speaker positive wire (+): Dark green/violet
right front speaker negative wire (-): Dark green/yellow
left rear speaker positive wire (+): Dark green/dark blue
left rear speaker negative wire (-): Dark green/brown
right rear speaker positive wire (+): Gray/dark blue
right rear speaker negative wire (-): Gray/orange

2007 Caliber service manual wiring diagram in section 8W-91, figures 23, 24, 26, 29, 31, 33, 37, 38, 44, and 46.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey aleks, do u have a link to tgat wiring diagram? I know the colours i need, but moreso trying to find that part of the harness under the dash!, have u seen where it runs to the front door? How the heck did they get it in there? ( inside the kick panel)

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
Use the Service manual

download from the Manuals section

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
You can drill a small hole in the molex connector and go through the rubber boot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it figured, if you take out the rubber grommet on the external side of the pillar, u can see a white molex piece surrounding the plug, 16 gauge speaker wite can be fed straight through without drilling anything! Win!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got it figured, if you take out the rubber grommet on the external side of the pillar, u can see a white molex piece surrounding the plug, 16 gauge speaker wite can be fed straight through without drilling anything! Win!
Im about to do this. So you got your wire into the u shaped rubber? I am using 12 gauge outdoor lighting wire. Did u feed dual wire thru? 16 ga.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts