Hey woukd u do the headlights on my caliber i csn come today. how much$Well the wiring is very simple. The instructions that come with it tell you to hook into the parking lights, and there is three wires there. One has constant power, another has power when you use your turn signals, and the other is ground.
The wires from the halo, three LED, and long skinny light all have a power line (white) and a ground (black). To set it up the way you want you can just unplug the bulb, and use the open end of the socket to shove the wires from the lamp assembly into the slots to see which line does what. Obviously ground needs to go to ground but others can go to a power supply of your choice.
So, I used the assembly wiring of the new headlight shell to tie in the 3 LED's and I used the Signal line to tie in one of the halo's and long skinny light.
I am deliberately omitting colours on the wires and using general terms like light coloured and dark coloured cause I'm partially colour blind and don't want to get blamed for saying the wrong colours lol. Like I said before you can figure out which of the light coloured wires do what, if you plug in the ground to the ground of what you want to test. Then plug in the white wire into each of the openings until you get the effect you want, like if you want the halos on when the parking lights are on, do the above - and obviously - turn on your parking lights and start testing.
Going from memory (and using a bit of logical thinking), :
3 LED Lights
- Ground to ground on the signal plug (dark wire)
- White to power when signal is in use (light wire)(if you want this on all the time when the lights are on, tie into the gound of the signal plug and the constant power line of the signal plug).
Halo Light, middle of assembly
- Ground to ground on headlight plug (which is the dark wire)
- Power to power on headlight plug, low beams (light wire)(this turns them off when the power is switched from low beams to high beams, if you want them on all the time tie your ground and power into the signal plugs ground and power).
Halo Light, Inner Ring (next to grille)
- Ground to ground on signal plug (Dark Wire)
- White to power on signal plug, constant power line (light wire)
So you can see, there are options to how you want to set it up. If you want everything on all the time, then tie into the parking light signal lines. I wanted to be a bit different so I went the way I did.
- Ground to ground on headlight plug (dark wire)
- White to power on headlight plug, low beams (light wire)(this turns off the halo on the high beam (inner rings) when the high beams come on)
And I'm about an hour north of Toronto, but not in Barrie - home of the Mullet.