Dodge Caliber Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
No problem :)

I agree with Tacmedic on those connectors. I've not had much luck with them anywhere except inside the cabin and even then I've had to go back and check them out once or twice.

As a suggestion I'd recommend some sort of jelly specifically made for electronics as a weather protectant, electrical tape won't keep the elements out for long.

Looks sweet!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just pulled the entire front bumper off abloam's caliber yesterday. Was very easy to remove and could easily be done by one person.

I suggest anyone replacing their headlights remove the bumper. Makes it easy to get to the 3 bolts that hold the light on.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nice job man !! Where did you order you lights from?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Took a chance on ebay, they've worked quite well. Other than the lense appearing a little sandblasted now that they have been on a few years they've been good. I do a lot of highway driving and the winters/spring have taken their toll not only on the lights, but the front of the raised area in front of the wheels on the bumper - it looks sandblasted as well. Salt in the winter and dirt/sand left over in the spring = harsh hehe!

Just do a search for Caliber Projector Headlights or Caliber Halo and a bunch will come up, new styles too. Think I got mine for around $175 back then, and if I remember right they were the only ones out at the time. Come in black, and chrome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
those look awesome and i recently installed some too on my Inferno Red Caliber. However, the mechanics may have screwed something up . they were installed on a cloudy friday afternoon and it was pretty humid. i had to drive about 4 hours in the dark and that's when i noticed something not quite right. the regular lights shine directly on the road about 6 ft in front of me and the high beams seem like the "normal" beams as the stock lights. Also, my main concern i noticed is that there is still condensation in the housing element. i thought it was due to the humidity this weekend but the right one has cleared up and the left one still has it. Does anyone know what I should do? I was told to write the manufacturer with a pic and see what they will do for me.

please write me on my personal email [email address removed] if you have any answers.

the halo lights i installed are from: [Link removed]

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Need a bead of silicone around the edge of the seam. Most aftermarket headlight assemblies to this, just an extra step (which I added later on in this thread cause it happened to me hehe!)

·
Registered
495 Posts
installed mine Reps for you Fyrstorm! well written i had a blast actually doint my own work on my baby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Condensation?!!!!

Wish I would have known about the silicone trick a week ago when I installed the lights. I got condensation in one light so here we go again.... :doh:Thanks for the tip...​

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Any adjustment on headlight beam after install?.
Yes. It's required for any headlamp you install. No way around it.

Also, adjust them before you re-install the fender. It'll be much easier.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
agreed hehe! it's really really tight back there. When I put mine in they really were not that far off, my passenger one is a little high but no one flashes me so I left it :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Update:

I don't know if any of you have had any of the 6 small LED lights go out on you, but I have and I've ordered another set of 6 in amber. I'll see how they work out and post it. They are simple wedge bulbs. I remember Canadian Tire used to stock them as normal bulbs but when I went to look for them, nothing - at least in my local store. I might even hook up a sequencer to have them light up from the grill to the big turn signal but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
12,293 Posts
I have read some members results
Install not difficult
Quality issues were discloration and condensation
Bulbs going out but can be replaced
Gaps in the rings appearing
Overall light output disappointing
Some love the look though.

Another option is to add halo rings to stock units.

·
Super Moderator
12,293 Posts
41 - 60 of 63 Posts