Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Woo hoo, this is now next on my to do list. I think I will take the entire bumper off though. It does make it easier. I ahd to do it to my Concorde when I did the projectors on it. I tried to do it with it on there, but it was making me mad so I decided to pull it off.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
I moved this to the knowledge base, it could help others with this info, good job!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If I find the sheet that came with it (an incredibly bad photocopy and almost equally poor english hehe) I'll see if it said anything. I don't recall seeing any sort of company name on the housing, or that sheet but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I can't edit the original posts but it was brought up in other threads so I thought I'd add it to this one.

Some have problems with the lenses fogging up when it's humid or rains or you wash the car. The solution is to run a bead of silicone around where the clear lense meets the black housing. Do this before you put the lights in :p

I'm having this trouble and it's on my to do list when it gets warmer out - which seems to be soon!! :D

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
What headlight bulbs are designated for these housings?
My 08 has only a single bulb dual filament h13.
Where's the second "high beam" come from?
You said it, it's a dual filament.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Where's the second "high beam" come from?
Hi Tedman5

Take a peek at the pictures on the first page. there's actually 4 headlight bulbs for these shells. High beams are the inner set and normal are the outer set. I am pretty sure it's the H4 bulb for all 4.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Very nice writeup! The new halo healights look great!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's plug and play, it uses the same stock plug to connect to, but from the stock plug to the split bulbs - it runs two sets of plugs for each light. It was so "plug and play" I really didn't even take notice hehe!

My only beef with them is the clips that hold in the bulb assembly. Had to change a bulb and the clip came out of it's retainer from where it pivots and kindly found it's way down the bulb hole and i've yet to get it out.

I'll have to take the headlight out to see how they connect and figure out a way to keep them in there. These slide on paper clip things I just can't get the hang of, our celica has the same (stock) set up and it's a huge PITA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm still waiting on my Cali to be built and delivered, so I'm not sure how the stock headlights are, although from various posts I'm guessing bright, but how do these compare? I love the look, just wondering if the light is any better/worse compared to stock.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Use a bead of silicone around the edge where the clear lense meets the black housing.

They seem the same to me, maybe a bit brighter but not much. That's just me though, others have installed - maybe they see something I don't :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just some tips on making this install go a little bit smoother take about 30 min to an hour less time. First thing...Don't worry about the bolts for the headlights until much later. It is much easier if you take off the black cowl bolts and screws and then head to the wheel well. Once the bumper is off all three headlight bolts are very accessible (sp?).

When wiring the lights make sure you have lots of the little blue connectors (pictured on this page http://reviews.ebay.com/Halo-Ring-Angel-Eye-Headlights-Proper-Installation_W0QQugidZ10000000001633973) you need about ten of these depending on what wiring combinations you decide to use. I needed 8 for my job. Like Fyrstorm I connected the lights to the wiring harness of the light instead of the harness on the car. Except for the flasher. I let the long skinny light be attached to the flasher. The dark wire on the flasher is ground and then the wire completely opposite of that is what you should wire to if you want any of the lights to be flashing with the turn signal (I used the skinny light for this). The wire in between those two is what you should wire to if you want any of the lights on all the time (I didn't use this wire at all).

Also, as an aside the clips needed to be taken out of the plastic wheel well pieces work as follows: There is a male end (plug) that pushes into a female end. The male end must come out all the way and then the female end will come out no problem. Once I figured that out removal of those pieces was much much smoother. I have before and after pictures I will post as soon as I get them out of my car. My girlfriend locked my keys in the car when I was asking her to cycle through the flashers,parking lights,headlights, bright lights. :( Will post tonight.
Before the install

After the install

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've had a few people tell me that those connectors are garbage, they're made by 3M and nothing but trouble, so be careful if you're using them. I've never experienced any issues with them, but I err on the side of caution.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
21 - 40 of 63 Posts