Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one hate tailgaters, well I had some guy in his serria truck, trying to get past me, I do what I always do when they tailgate and slow down. Call it a prick move it you want. But if you tailgate me, it means your in a rush, instead I'll make you late. When he finally passes me, speed goes up to 70 from 50 kph. I hit the gas, and he slowly starts to pull, but i still managed to get ahead of him and kept him behind me. I just said F*** it, and let ihm go, last I saw he was pulled over.

Justice well served.
I only broke the law by 15 kmh tops.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
That's funny. I used to do the same thing when some a-hole got on my bumper. Now, I just feed them some brakes. I know, I'll probably get rear ended one day, but I've been itching to beat the crap out of somebody for a while now. LOL Oh, and wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't deal with getting rear ended so I just slow down gradually. I had one guy get out at an intersection tap on my window, i turned looked at him, waved, light turn green and left, everyone honked at him, it was hilarious.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No everyone mainly drives a truck and thinks they drive a truck, and think they rule the road. I'm sorry but a Prius isn't a truck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ha! I'm notorious for giving people the brake for tailgating me, I find it hysterical to watch the person tailgating you become enrage... Though I do let police past, without so much as a second though lol

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
When there's some snow, slush or even just rain and get tailgated, all I do is slightly move to the left so that my wheels are our of the natural car corridor (where it's usually the driest) so that I maximize the road crap that flies off my wheels.

It messes their windshields and usually causes them to back off while they wipe clean. Works every time.

Reactions: calberta slim

·
Registered
777 Posts
I love it when I am cruising in the left lane at 70mph 5 over speed limit, and some ******* wants to run me over. The right lane is slow enough for me to be passing and I really do not want a ticket,so I usually hold my lane and let them pass when they can.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
There's a weird phenomena on motorcycle.

For some reason, people seem compeled to let me pass. I'd say 80% do, the moment I arrive behind them, they move to the right to let me pass even though I was at a comfy distance and quite happy at the speed I might have been going.

I call it the Moses effect. I part the flow of traffic.

Same thing on a 4-corner stop (regular stop sign, not light). For some reason, cars often let me pass ahead even though they got to the stop first and it should be their turn to pass.

I've often wondered if putting a central headlight on my Caliber wouldn't give me the same privileges.

People are weird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There's a weird phenomena on motorcycle.

For some reason, people seem compeled to let me pass. I'd say 80% do, the moment I arrive behind them, they move to the right to let me pass even though I was at a comfy distance and quite happy at the speed I might have been going.

People are weird.
Actually, it's more like "Motorcycle people are morons." This of course does not apply to you as you are one of the few intelligent and non-idiotic cyclopods, who doesn't drive like a complete douche. At least 98% of the people who ride motorcycles intimidate other drivers just because they usually are either irresponsible and a danger on the road (crotch-rocket riders doing wheelies and going between the lanes of traffic and such) or hard-ass harley riders that no one wants to mess with and therefore move outta the way.

This is the one time when the idiots of the wolrd make things easier for those who abide by the law - generally they make life very difficult for those of us who are safe and responsible.

On a related yet slightly off topic note - not too long ago, on I95, some jackhole decided it would be fun to do a wheelie on his sportbike in the middle lane of the damned highway. As he was wheelieing, I slowly swerved into his lane right next to him, and he freaked out and leaned on his horn (what a pathetic sounding beeeeeeeep!), then decided to harass me. Well, I don't take s#!t from idiots on the road so when he tried getting in front of me and brake checking me, I ground my bumper against his tire - I don't give a damn. He then pulled up on the right side and moved my side view mirror (Ohhh noes!!) and took off for the next exit.

Jackass. Anyway, you're not that kind of guy so good on you for being a safe and responsible biker. :D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Instead of using flash to pass I just turn on my foglights.
At night time the initial flash of them turning on is enough for them to move, or on the highway today coming home a simple fake lane change seemed to make alot of people move over LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts