Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all:

Been lurking in here a bit, finally getting a chance to say 'hello' :wavey: officially!

I've pretty much spent most of my lurking time on the rack decisions and posts. I have to say, the comprehensive and concise info I found here made me want to join, and made my choice to buy a Caliber more confident - wish I could've gotten one new - but I had to go the used route - don't chastise pleeze, my dad did enough of that...

I got mine from Enterprise Sales here in SoCal, lotsa friends here like those guys and have good references to them. AAA and 12-month drivetrain but I upped that with the extra coverage they offer to 4 year/24k additional miles. Reading thru that 'what it does not cover' is a bit scary...it cost $1200 extra...

My Caliber is SXT Black, 39k miles, at $10,900. It looks and drives SWEET and QUIET. I simply love the CVT, took some gettin' used to, but whoa, makes such smooth transitions and encourages me to take it easy unless I really need to go fast. I have a daughter in college out of state, taking her back there at summer's end - 2000 mi round-trip - a little weary that something may go wrong, but I've been cross country in an old AMX with retreads before, and another time in a 1979 Leggs Stepvan - Ohio to Los Angeles... OK, so I'm one of those who just 'goes for it'.

Almost bought a Van, but this Caliber is the best aesthetically looking crossover I've seen (don't like bubble-butts and retro-looks) besides, I ADORE Magnums (except their mpg) and all Dodge fender/grill designs just scream MOVE OUTTA MY WAY when I see them in my rearview mirrors... 'nuff said here, you all gotta know what I'm saying - why else are you in this deep as to join an online 'forum' for your buggy?!? I'm in too ;-)

So, also got a Aussie-Border Collie mix (you gotta see this beauty, his pics are on my portfolio site) - oh, and there's my two Fender Twin-style amps (Crate and Peavey) to go with my midi-Godin guitar (Freeway SA), pa racks and pedal boards - yup, prog rocker as well...

My main ride is a Yamaha Vino 125, :BL: just donated my 97 Aspire (57k, first owner, cross country twice...that's a five-speed 4-cyl, don't cha kno') after two tranny's and four clutches (okay, I'm used to trannies that can handle manual notching and downshifting) - Now I got an automatic ;-) First Dodge ever...will NEVER OWN ANOTHER FORD OR NISSAN toy!

So, the Vino takes me 1.5 mi to work each day at $2 a week - the Caliber mileage will catch up with average as little as I drive it - but holy s#@t do I look fine on grocery, dog vet, laundry and recycling runs! Can't wait for the first gig it takes me to...pix of that will be posted...fo' sure.

All I need to do is get this rack on (going Mopar I guess for OEM compliance and all) although the JC Whitney 'looks' cooler... Kit and install is quoted at 400 from Glendale Dodge. I also need windows tinted at $99 (Al & Ed's)...almost put in an aftermarket sunroof...this and a couple other forums helped me say nevermind to that trap...

I hope my kids bed kit will do okay on the Mopar from California to Iowa...find me on Facebook and you can 'track' the progress - I'm 'Rejyna DW' there and just 'Rejyna' on MySpace, although I am never on MySpace since Facebook rulz...

Whoa, whatta intro eh? :4-looney: I'll get some pix up here soon showing the Black Caliber with all my black axes (slang for guitars, ya'all).

Peace all y'all!
'Geekette'
Rejyna

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on a sweet ride. I'll check out your music later today. My son is into music big time. He and I both write songs, but he sings and arranges all of the music. If I try to sing, small birds fall from the sky and all of the dogs in the neighborhood start howling. My wife sings and plays keyboards. She grew up singing gospel. I've been trying to get my boy to put some of our stuff out there on myspace or facebook, but he doesn't want to. His top priority now is finishing high school then off to college for a degree in meteorology. He said music is just a hobby and he want's that B.S. degree first and foremost.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Welcomr to the Calibration!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Are you a chick? If not sorry......Do you know of a singer, song writer named Laura Young (no relation to me). I have a Fender Katana guitar and a Peavey Heritage amp. In the very near future i'm going to get some new stuff. I'm going to get a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS (pertty sure on that). I can't make my mind up on what kind of amp. to get. I like Peavey because they last forever and don't break down very much. I don't know weather to go with a half stack or maybe something like a Peavey JSX212. I don't travel with my amp. They are so many good amps out there. I do like high power. Give me your opinion on whats a good powerful amp. I play all types of music.

Welcome to the forumZ. We are like one large family here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said music is just a hobby and he want's that B.S. degree first and foremost.
Smart kid! Pressure the art to feed you and you may end up hating the art...do it for fun and see any success as an accident? :jammin:

Thanks for the welcome - night shifter here, must sleep...after I call Mopar about the rack...

Peace!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Hi From England

:b1:Hello & welcome to the Caliber Family!! I also have SXT.. Cvt UK Spec. I am 63 & bought my 1st Guitar 6 months ago ,,,,,ANNDDD I can play FOUR Chords !!!!!!:wavey::Racing:

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Hi! Geekette, I listened to some of your music. I like it, really sounds good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you a chick? ...Give me your opinion on whats a good powerful amp. I play all types of music.

Welcome to the forumZ. We are like one large family here.
Yup, chick. Amps? Peavey and Crate - unless you've got the money for HiWatt or Sound City - stay away from Behringer, Line 6 and the 'newbies' unless you're in that "R & D" mode... Peavey and Crate: power, crunch, easy repairs, road-ready and designed by musicians who give a [email protected]#t!

Thanks for the shout out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rack Pix after it's on...

Do you have any good pictures of your rack?:)
Not yet, just ordered it, should be on by middle or end of July - I'll get pix up here when I do but there are a bunch of good pix of the new rack installed already here - search "Roof Rack" and grab a soda while you sift thru the posts and pix (hint: you have to join and log in to see some of the pix - one kind user even posted the install manual for the new Mopar rack)

I'll keep ya posted...:loser1:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Four Chords is all Ted Nugent uses...

:b1:Hello & welcome to the Caliber Family!! I also have SXT.. Cvt UK Spec. I am 63 & bought my 1st Guitar 6 months ago ,,,,,ANNDDD I can play FOUR Chords !!!!!!:wavey::Racing:
Okay, he uses more than four, but you get my drift? It's never too late to find out that you can get some real ya-ya's banging on an axe... You just don't give up and realize the brain learns before the muscles can do what the brain wants to - get a kid's little red squeezy ball and work up the strength in those fret fingers - I sounded horrible for the first two years I played ('76 and '77) then I got an MXR Distortion Plus and a 335 and, well, not Alan Holdsworth yet, but I don't sound 'horrible' anymore!

And here I am at 47 just gettin' into Midi Guitar - - - :jok:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Skin Slappin' vs. String Stretchers?!

hey hey welcome to the forums! though i personally dont much care for guitar players ans ive been drumming for 18yrs... ill let it slide due to your car hahaha
Stu Nevitt, Barry "Barriemore" Barlow, Neil Peart, Bill Bruford, John Weathers, Gary Green, Buddy Rich, Mic Fleetwood, Phil Ehart, Alan White...any of these names clang yer bell tree?

Drummers are often the main thing I like about the bands I call faves: Rush, Shadowfax, Kansas, Styx, Gentle Giant, U.K., JETHRO TULL!!!

So you keep a slammin them skins and thanks for the special considerations since I gots me a real cool car!!!:git:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and i didnt even know we had some guitar heroes in the heezee.
Maybe not a 'hero' - but you're right, lotsa musicians I know are also into their rides...

Personally, my main heros are Police and Firefighters, Anyone in the Military and Emergency/Rescue persons, and anyone who rescues any animal...and no one in the government (right now that is...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Aw shucks

Hi! Geekette, I listened to some of your music. I like it, really sounds good.
That's really kind of ya - we're called anti-genre cuz we can't find a style and stick with it - lotsa folks call us prog, I say it's all just rock-and-roll to me

...been 'indie' before it was the 'hip' thing - since 1979...

Maybe I can post a song here in the future...I'll give it a go later on!

Peace all!:Racing:

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Hi! Geekette, I'm more of a rhythm guitar player. I play everything from Bluegrass (just to see and hear the banjo player LOL!!!) to dirty blues, to hard rock. So i understand what you mean by " can't find a style to stick with ". I play everyday, most of the time i start out pretty and clean with love songs then end up down and dirty. I do play some fill in lead. I'm 55 years old and still freak out my children LOL!!!. They are 17, 21, 25 and 31 years old. I've been married and divorced 3 times, but thats another story LOL!!!. My children are always saying things like "how do you do that so fast!" LOL!!!

On one of your songs, Lost Kid, the first thought i had was....Moody Blues....That song made me think of them. You ever been told that before?

I could go on and on about music so i better stop. I hope you are as happy with your Caliber as i am. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Goodness sounds like a want ad!!
Maybe we need a new thread lol.

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
Not yet, just ordered it, should be on by middle or end of July - I'll get pix up here when I do but there are a bunch of good pix of the new rack installed already here - search "Roof Rack" and grab a soda while you sift thru the posts and pix (hint: you have to join and log in to see some of the pix - one kind user even posted the install manual for the new Mopar rack)

I'll keep ya posted...:loser1:
I'm afraid that you must of misunderstood my request for pictures of your rack.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts