Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2007 SXT Dodge Calibre
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The gear boot cover that srround the gear lever, as in the rubberized type pvc material, is yuck on mine and needs replacing.

Has anyone on the forum replaced with an aftermarket cover. I have looked at many on the internet and ebay for sale, as in most are universal ones. Are they hard to retro fit, what is involved?. I have already last week gone and replaced the gear knob with a nice looking carbon fibre style knob, and now thinking the boot vover needs to be changed out.

Any help and advice much appreciated. Cheers David. :)

· Registered
2007 SXT Dodge Calibre
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I dont want to put the same aged one back on, as I will be having the same crappy look, the rubberized material is hard to clean, and is delaminating in spots. Where I am there are non in junkyards. They are a very RARE vehicle where I am, which would mean buying a secondhand one over the internet (sight inseen). Thanks anyway. :)

· Registered
2007 SXT Dodge Calibre
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone.
I have fitted my new gear change boot cover today. I got it off eBay very cheap. Easy to fit. I simply removed the factory fitted rubber type cover then folded this one in and around the edges where it clips, held it together carefully whilst I then clipped it back into place. No glueing was required. Onece back in place, I then fitted the gear knob adaptor, without using any of the rubber type tibe adaptors, and screwed the allen key grub screws (6 in total), slightly tight but loose enough still to rotate. Then I screwed the new carbon fibre look alike knob onto the adaptor with the knob facing not quitely centred when tightened. Then tightened up the 6 grub screws. And finally with the adpator nice and tight, finished tightening the knob until it was centred, Certainly looks better to hwat it originally looked like. I also cut about 40mm off the gear stick lever, before fitting everything. A shorter lever look a lot better. :)
Gear shift White Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Gear shift White Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
White Black Microphone Audio equipment Automotive tire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts