Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the radio shop to add the Bluetooth to my radio (it was an option I didn't purchase when I bought the radio), it works exactly as the factory U-connect ! :smileup:

Since they had to remove the bezel I decided to add another feature to my dash :D

The power cable of my Garmin is now connected to the lighter from the inside, no more annoying threads around :smileup:

I still have to fix the support but it will look like that:

Another pic :D

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Looks good licia!! I put mine there too once in a while.

·
Registered
577 Posts
great idea and fits perfectly but i think it might bug me after awhile because you have to keep looking down to see the nav. i have a tom tom and i got an email from them with an offer for a nav holder that fits into the air vent i think that would be cool to. ha! wish i had 20 degrees on my clock and thats not even hot in italy lol:D

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
looks great licia!
:)

nice work.
;)

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Great spot...if you don't have a wife that insists on being the co-pilot so you can keep your eyes on the road. ;)

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you :)

great idea and fits perfectly but i think it might bug me after awhile because you have to keep looking down to see the nav. i have a tom tom and i got an email from them with an offer for a nav holder that fits into the air vent i think that would be cool to. ha! wish i had 20 degrees on my clock and thats not even hot in italy lol:D

I've tried that position a bit before having it fixed and I have to say that it's a lot confortable IMO, I don't need to look at the screen I just listen to the voice :D I used to put it into the windscreen first but it is sooooo far from the driving position that it was a pain to reach.

The holder that fits into the air vent is good too, my bf uses it for his iPhone :smileup: I considered that too but then I decided I had to "give meaning" to that unusefull hole LOL

We are having a lot of rain lately here but the 20°C of yesterday were lovely

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had my GPS there for a while, too.
I liked that spot.
Some glare, but nothing too bad.
I really don't want anything on my windshield, so that spot is out for me.
I eventually decided that it was too "in view" and moved it down here for security reasons:

That mount might be too low for some people, but I don't have any problems with visibility there. And, as Prop1 points out, my wife can access it as well.
I really liked having it over by the square hole, though ... notice I haven't bothered to route the cord through the dash cubby yet, as it may get moved back over to where you have it.

I just had it two-side taped over the opening ... the way you attached your mount in there is brilliant! :smileup: I could then adjust it to eliminate the glare that I was getting.

My useless, zero-value reps to ya'!

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My useless, zero-value reps to ya'!
Much appreciated the same :smiley_thumbs_up: thx!

And, as Prop1 points out, my wife can access it as well.
I like your set up too but you forget that I don't have a wife!!! :D ... boyfriend usually likes to sleep during long trips and this is OK so he doesn't bother me and I can drive happy :Racing:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would be nice to have a wife that would drive. She refuses to drive if I am in the car. I have had a sprained ankle bad enough that I could hardly press the break and she would not drive. Long trips forget about it, 100% of the driving is mine.. *sighs* but I love where you mounted your GPS I have been thinking of how to get mine in there and never thought about using the stock mount.. Silly me..

Reps for that.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Hey Licia how where are you running the power cable from for the NAVI, spliced?, USB from your head unit? or the outlet?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts