Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

MY 2008 SXT SPort has run like clockwork for 7 months. Came out tonight and I have lost wipers, main beam for the lights, screen washers and turn indicators. I have checked the fuse box under the lid ( apologies for all the limey jargon!) and I am not sure but the large fuse ( I think numbered 27/28 on the chart, which is not totally accurate) 'may' be burnt. Has anyone had this happen to them? OR could it be signs of something alot more serious?

cheers
Phil

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Hi,

MY 2008 SXT SPort has run like clockwork for 7 months. Came out tonight and I have lost wipers, main beam for the lights, screen washers and turn indicators. I have checked the fuse box under the lid ( apologies for all the limey jargon!) and I am not sure but the large fuse ( I think numbered 27/28 on the chart, which is not totally accurate) 'may' be burnt. Has anyone had this happen to them? OR could it be signs of something alot more serious?

cheers
Phil
TIPM is fried. Dealer time.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Hi Phil & Welcome--- Cant help with problem!! My 07 has run sweet as a nut, since I;ve owned it no problems whatsoever... As Prop says back to the Dealer & let them sort it.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Hi phil and WELCOME ! I hope you will fix your Caliber soon... keep us posted.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck, but welcome to the forumz. Looks like you'll have to get a tow truck (lorry) to take it back to your dealer. That sucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, This actually happened to me today, and I freaked out!!! Well I started testing my fuses they okay, then I removed the big fuse I believe it is the first top one on #36 checked it for any burnt spots then put it back. I turned my car on and it was all okay. I went to the Auto store the clerk there checked my battery he said everything was fine. Also, the way to tell the big fuses are blown is if the copper inside the fuse is broken (it should be continuose without any cracks). I really dont know what it really was but this worked for me....let me know what happens?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.