Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here added a fuel injector cleaner on their fuel tanks? If so what kind would you suggest and what works best.thanks a lot!

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Pretty much any major brand will work. The cleaners are usually concentrated detergents and the like (same as in gasoline) in some sort of petroleum solvent.
Add when you fill up at the gas station. They need to be used in a full tank.
You should do this about once every year or two - don't go overboard - a little cleaning goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have always used Lucas fuel treatment whenever I change the oil(6k miles), just add a little bottle to a full tank of gas and good to go til another oil change

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I was just reading the manual on my new Forester yesterday, and it discouraged the use of fuel system cleaners. It stated that quality gasoline has all the detergent needed to keep the fuel system clean, and went on further to state that using a cleaner regularly can cause damage to the fuel pump, injectors, emission sensors and catalytic converter.

So I guess the moral is use quality gas, and not worry about the cleaner.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
I'm with Brad on this one, but if you want to use one with a good reputation, Techron is highly touted on some of the other car forums that I cruise from time to time.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was just reading the manual on my new Forester yesterday, and it discouraged the use of fuel system cleaners. It stated that quality gasoline has all the detergent needed to keep the fuel system clean, and went on further to state that using a cleaner regularly can cause damage to the fuel pump, injectors, emission sensors and catalytic converter.

So I guess the moral is use quality gas, and not worry about the cleaner.
Not to change the subject, But Brad I thought you had a Kia. What happened with that?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Not to change the subject, But Brad I thought you had a Kia. What happened with that?
The Kia replaced the Caliber. The Subaru replaced the Vibe. My wife drives the Kia. I drive the Subaru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts