Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a clunking noise when going over bumps, potholes, etc. Mine turned out to be the drivers side ball joint on the lower control arm. (its all one piece). The passenger side is a little loose per the tech but not a big problem yet.

The clunk is gone and the steering seems tighter.

Please bear in mind though that my car has over 122,000 miles on it.

Mike

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had issues with my Caliber too with the front end noise/squeak. My issue came up after I took my car to a local tire shop for an oil change. They came back to me and reported to me that the front right strut was leaking and to take it back to the dealer for warranty issues. The oil change and when the problem was noticed at 45004kms. Took the car in finally at 45687kms when the dealer closest to my work had time to look at it (it took a week and a half to look after it). They did remove the wheel and found the strut leaking, replaced the strut, cover, and a stop/bumper, got the car back, no problem with the leaky strut.

At 47500kms, the car started getting the squeak going over speed bumps, etc. and then took the car back again. The first tech took it out and repoted nothing at 48803kms. So I told them there was an issue, the shop foreman took it out and I showed him the noise, and he said that the sway bar bushings may be gone. Had to wait a week for the parts to come in, so I kept my car and then finally got the parts in. 49500kms and the problem was finally fixed... All under warranty and they said the bushings were prematurely worn on the right side. I figured they goofed it up when they installed the front right strut...

Anyways, the parts they replaced (Including part numbers) are Bushings (FP number 05105103-AC Qty-2, bushing 17-011-017) and Link (05174185-AC Qty-2 link 17-029-017) So the sway bar bushings can be ordered separately from the looks of it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sway bar bushing replaced twice

Had mine done twice now in 3 months. I'm 1500 away from the warranty running out. I'm not going to be a happy Cali driver if I have to pay to have this fixed out of my own pocket!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had pretty much the whole front end replaced on mine. Most of it under warranty but I just had the sway bar links and the last tie rod done. I still need the left strut done but ti am doing that myself

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well after the second time having my sway bar bushings replaced just 500 miles ago looks like I'm going back again, same creaking noise, and I still have a clunk when turning and going over a bump, 1000 miles left to warranty, this is ridiculous

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well got mine back out of the shop, the control arms were replaced and they even did an alignment for free, mainly because it was just done about a month ago. But all seems well now, I hope i don't have to do it again in 30K miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have read that a few ppl are getting front end noise while going over speed bumps and such. I had a slight cluck in the front end of my cali and took it in. After about an hour in the customer lounge the service tech told me that stabilizer link bushings were prematurely worn (defective). Not sure if this is the same for anybody ealses cali but thought it might help.
Sway bar bushings are a known weak link in our Calibers. I just had to replace mine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts