Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I don't know how many of you like my projects..some of them might be a little lame..But lame or not here goes.. ( if they sold these I'd buy one )..

STEP ONE : remove the footrest plastic pedal.. make a stencil or free hand the dodge lettering on the footrest..

STEP TWO: engrave, cut out, remove the inside of the lettering.. or you can just paint the letters with red plastic paint.. ( so skip this step if you are painting)

STEP THREE: Paint..fill in your engraving with paint or whatever you want. I used fingernail polish because I wanted it to look like it was enlaid. Then clear coat fingernail polish.

STEP FOUR : put a DODGE Emblem on the top I dug out the top section deep enough to hold the emblem in place with a strong glue.. I cut the Dodge keychain Emblem with a hacksaw then sanded the edges so it would fit nicely in the middle then glued it down, and waited overnight for it to dry. (key chain bought at walmart for a little over three bucks)

STEP FIVE: get a good plastic paint RED for the lettering (if you are going with the stencil and not the engraving)..and Black for the raised parts. ( see finished mod)
the easy way I did it was to use a small paint brush from the art section at walmart. You can spray the paint into a paint can top and dip your little brush in the paint and do your artwork...this is the paint I used it holds on the plastic real good.

AFTERWARDS let the dang thing dry..if you don't like it you can always buy another plastic footrest..or remodify it again..anything will look better than a plain plastic footrest..

I hope you all like these projects. if anyone would make them and sell them I wouldn't have to come up with these Homemade things...but I like the look of it on my Caliber so...maybe if you do try it and make it your own...send pics..( not many of you do these homemade mods or at least you don't report back on them )

thanks for looking let me know what you think.. or just tell me to stop making stuff...whatever you want to say ...I can take it..

you pal TEX :wavey:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Well You get Reps from me for that neat liitle mod & those Chrome Pedals--Great!!

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Another great homemade mod Tex! I like it :smileup:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
That is awesome, deff might attempt this.

I'd prob try it with a dremal

repped

·
Registered
513 Posts
nice foot rest mode!

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah dremals work great...I got one around here somewhere...I'll redo it when I get a chance....but for now I liked the artwork I did already... but don't forget to take pics so I can see YOUR work..... thanks for the reps ya'all...and I don't think it's lame....but the other homemade mods I posted, only a few did them..and one posted pics...so I thought everyone else though they were lame..or so it seemed..but I will still post any other homemade Mods I do and maybe someone will post pics of theirs.. who knows..someone might make DODGE footrests and sell em on ebay it would be nice.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Very nice job!!! I like it. reps!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts