Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messed-up launch, full ESP, on a full tank (-60 km):

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When you select the EVIC button to go to the 0-100 (or 0-60 depending on metrics used), hold the (right-hand side) Odo button down to display the "Best" time recorded (what I did for this picture).

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
That's a pretty good time mouser. You'll get better at it as time goes by.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a pretty good time mouser. You'll get better at it as time goes by.
We'll see about that. The car is estimated at 6.2 for stock models but since I dont do this on public roads, opportunities wont come often.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For now yes. I barely crossed 900km today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
0-60 times

Many of the reviews on the SRT4 that where put out when it was first handed over to folks like car and driver claimed 0-60 in 5.9.

I've seen mention of folks pushing it into that range on stock everything.
Personally I havent tried it yet cus im still taking it easy on mine but now that I know that best time trick ill see what ive hit by accident :D

How does everyone like the computer btw?

I find it a bit useless on the road cus everything it measures "performance stuff" is only worth measuring if you break the law... Its neet but rarely used in mine.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many of the reviews on the SRT4 that where put out when it was first handed over to folks like car and driver claimed 0-60 in 5.9.
The owner manual says the car is estimated at 6.2. Actual performance may vary depending on driving conditions. I managed 6.7 on my first (and only) try, botching my start: I let go of the clutch too soon so basically had a "cold" start from 1000RPM.

How does everyone like the computer btw?

I find it a bit useless on the road cus everything it measures "performance stuff" is only worth measuring if you break the law... Its neet but rarely used in mine.
You have to remember what SRT stands for: Street and Racing Technology.

So, the computer contains both street- and race- oriented features.

I haven't used the 1/8 miles, 1/4 miles, breaking distance timers yet because that would be dangerous on public roads. The 0-100km timer was easy: a friend works in an industry that has a HUGE fenced-off lot that was empty one night so I got to try that in there.

The G-max meter is fun to watch in trafic. :/

·
Registered
483 Posts
The only thing I hate about the computer is the fact that it is so hard to use while driving.. having to reach over the through the steering wheel to change features. Wish it was a button on the NAV system or on the steering wheel itself.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
The only thing I hate about the computer is the fact that it is so hard to use while driving.. having to reach over the through the steering wheel to change features. Wish it was a button on the NAV system or on the steering wheel itself.
Totally agree, written up in that shortcomings thread.

Awkward if you are on a bendy road. Previous car had button on dash - really easy.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I managed 6.1 a couple of times. Can't seem to get bellow that yet. I'm sure with better launch I should be able to shed another .2s.

Next time I'll try without ESP.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Neat! I haven't really tried anything else beside the g-force meter yet since I don't really have anywhere to go to try the other features.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. Same here. For 1/8 or 1/4 I'd really need access to a track. Same for breaking distance. haven't tried those yet.

Turns out there's a nice 0-60 spot around here that's not breaking speeding laws. From a stop light (if you're lucky to be alone or in front), it's a straight entry into a 60mph zone, on a totally flat and straight surface. Couldn't be better (not like faking results using down hill roads like we often see on youtube). That road stretch looks like a frickin runway.

Though occasional tire burn is objectionable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I might think of a few spots where this would be possible (0-60), not all of them with red light or stop though.

I've kept quiet on the tire burn so far. :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
I want to do this sort of thing too but I have something on my iPod that is pretty neat and similar. Probably not that accurate but still fun nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm always trying to keep safe wich is why occasions are few. Getting on that stop light first in front with not too many people around is pretty much a lottery. Unless I'd do it at dawn or late at night but I wont get out just for that. Yet anyhow.

I really want to reach 6 or 5.9 before I do any engine mods. Then I'll know for sure if whatever mods is really worth it. Dyno or not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts