Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Petrolheads get a full listing for their engine sections so this is for the Oilers

Performance Mods - Engine- R/T
Factory Specs - 173hp 2.4L I4 with 166 lb-ft of torque.
Dodge Caliber Diesel
Discuss the VW Diesel Model here.
Performance Mods - Engine - SXT and SE CRD
Factory Specs - Turbocharged 138hp 2.0L I4 with 229 lb-ft of torque.

·
Super Moderator
12,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i believe the diesel calibers available in europe only
Welcome. Why not introduce yourself and your car to the mebers here.

The Diesel Cali is available all over the world EXCEPT N America for licensing reasons by VW.

2.0-liter Turbo Diesel AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Aug. 8 2005

Confirming production of the all-new 2007 Dodge Caliber, the Chrysler Group announced that the powertrain choices for the vehicle will be engineered to meet the demands of global customers. The Dodge Caliber will feature innovative engines and transmissions to deliver world-class performance, fuel economy and refinement.

"The advanced diesel engine is technology readily available today that can dramatically reduce the amount of crude oil consumed worldwide," said Eric Ridenour, Executive Vice President - Product Development, Chrysler Group. "This is well known in Europe where, in today's competitive environment, customers are looking for modern diesel engines with outstanding performance and efficiency. Nearly 50 percent of all passenger vehicles sold in Europe are powered by diesel engines. For the Chrysler Group, approximately 60 percent of vehicles sold in Europe are diesel powered."

The 2.0-liter engine is a state-of-the-art, direct-injection turbo diesel with high-pressure fuel injection, a variable geometry turbocharger and four valves per cylinder. The injectors are electronically controlled, allowing precise management of each combustion cycle with the optimum quantity of fuel. This system can operate at pressures up to 2000 bar, leading to finer atomization of fuel, high power and torque and optimal fuel efficiency. The turbo diesel engine is expected to position the Dodge Caliber sold in Europe among the best in its class for power, torque and towing capacity. Maximum power is estimated at 134 hp DIN (100 kW), and peak torque is estimated at 229 lb.-ft. (310 N m).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Might not have the same top speed, but the low end torque is great, Tends to Torque steer in first and second, but it has plenty of acceleration all the way up to 80mph. Traffic light Drag racing is great fun, the Subaru owners get a fright - Calibre punches well above it's weight. ( Probibly why my fuel consumption is rubbish - lol!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts