Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The knobs on the factory radio just seem to spin when trying to make adjustments. I pull them off to see if they were stripped, and they were not. When trying to make adjustments using the posts without the knobs, I am unable to make any incremental adjustments. It will just spin. Any ideas on what could be the issue and is it something that can easily be fixed or do I need to replace the radio?

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
The knobs do just spin. They are electronic not mechanical so there are no threads to strip or repair.
Try a reset. Then remove and check connectors. If no joy and no visible corrosion on connections elsewhere, no other electrical gremlins - then I would personally have a go at opening the unit and checking for internal fuses, connections, broken wires etc.
A replacement used unit can't be much though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was not aware that they were electronic.

This might be a dumb question, but how do I reset the radio?

·
Super Moderator
12,128 Posts
The whole car is CANBUS and TIPM. To reset disconnect the battery and drain residual potential by connecting the battery leads together for a while - I would do a couple of hours while working on something else but it probably does not need to be for long if in a hurry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts