Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just picked up a R/T and most of the black plastic trim pieces have issues.I am wanting to replace all the pieces. Where can I get them and are the difficult to replace?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
What are the issues with the plastic pieces?
If they are faded they can be restored with several
products which are readily availiable such as Mothers Back to Black,
Forever Black and one I have recently used Wipe New.
If they have to be physically replaced I am afraid it's either Dodge dealer
or a scrapyard with Ebay being a distant third.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, they are a bit faded so I did buy a restore kit, but some of the pieces are broken or cracked. Not really obvious but it bugs me. I guess I will be giving the stealership some dough for new trim.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
Or an auto breakers. !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you guys think painting them with a matte black spray paint for plastic would look okay? Or even plastidipping them? Mine are faded and applying product all the time can be troublesome. I might pull one side off, plastidip them, and compare to the ugly faded trim.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Do you guys think painting them with a matte black spray paint for plastic would look okay? Or even plastidipping them? Mine are faded and applying product all the time can be troublesome. I might pull one side off, plastidip them, and compare to the ugly faded trim.
One year ago I painted mines with some plastic spray (http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=38160) they turned out good but after some month they showed again some shadow... this summer as other did, I tried some plastic restorer with sponge from Sonax (this one) all plastics turned out great but the rear spoiler still shows some shadow, better than with the spray paint anyway.
Don't know about plastidip... maybe it could cover better than the normal spray paint and turn out good. Let us know if you try it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does anyone know if I can use a 2008 or 2009 trim on a 2007?

Just curious Since most of my trim parts are peeling up..

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
What parts are peeling?

If it's the blackout tape on the door trim it was available at dealer.
Some owners painted areas with flat black , fixed for good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
on the rear spoiler the over hang that overs the gap. on the roof trim the flaps on the seams are peeling up.. If I can figure out how to post a pic while at work.... I will post one ;)

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I see what you mean - looks to be in rough shape.
I believe all the Calibers use the same generic parts
for these items thru the model years.

·
Super Moderator
12,089 Posts
I wonder if we could use Jeep Compass trim ;)
It's a different profile, squarer.

You could stick some trim on top of it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi am having trouble putting back on the black plastic trim on the roof of my 2008 dodge caliber. Please help.
It's held on with white clips. Remove all of the white clips from the roof by pressing in the sides to remove them from the holes in the roof. Then slide them into the notches you find on the underside of the black trim. Then, press the whole "assembly" into place. You might find a dead-blow mallet useful in seating the clips into the holes in the roof.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts