Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a 2008 Dodge Caliber XRT 4. I've heard good things and bad things about the car. I need a reliable car for travel and around town. In your expert opinion is the 2008 Dodge Caliber XRT 4 a good reliable car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Debi, Welcome to the forumz! I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've owned my Caliber since 2012 and I would say its a fairly decent car but I wouldn't call it reliable. I've found that these cars have many quirks and the rust can get pretty aggressive if you don't stay on top of it. I would say that it all depends on the car you are looking at and its service records. I would stay away from the higher mileage Calibers especially if you are gonna get an SRT 4. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable car that will last I would look at a Toyota or Subaru (In my Opinion). Either way I wish you the best of luck with your car shopping :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Without more info about the particular car you're looking at it's hard to make any recommendations, but you're talking about a 13 year old product of DaimlerChrysler. You're going to have issues with any car that old.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 2008 Dodge Caliber XRT 4. I've heard good things and bad things about the car. I need a reliable car for travel and around town. In your expert opinion is the 2008 Dodge Caliber XRT 4 a good reliable car?
The SRT4 is fun, but I would not say it is really reliable. It is more reliable than an average caliber because it does not have the CVT that most calibers have.

If you do a pre-purchase inspection, including a compression test, cylinder leak down test and a cooling system pressure test (those three tests are critical), and the inspection comes back clean, AND you are comfortable doing minor repairs on cars, and you are prepared for the occasional water pump, fuse box, turbo and other part failure/replacement, then a Caliber SRT4 will be a great and very fun daily driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts